The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited to be here. :hi:
I am a fairly new goat Mom. I got my first two October of 2019. Mine are strictly pets. I got a Doe and a Wether. My Doe is a Fainting goat and was 5 months old when I got her. Wasn't handled much but quickly became attached to me. She was impossible to fence in and a jumper. Always out and crying for me at the back door. Built a very high temporary fence around the goat yard. She is confined now and happy.
My wether I first got is a Fainting goat/ Nigerian Dwarf cross. He was 9 weeks old when I got him. He was a handful till he turned 8 months old. Was very Bucky and after My Doe nonstop.
I definitely was overwhelmed being a new goat Mom and quickly learned what works and what doesn't. They are both leash trained and awesome little pets.
This spring I bought 2 more kids. A Buckling I wethered and a doeling. The wether is a Pigmy/ND and the Doeling is a Pigmy/Alpine/Boer. I absolutely love all my goats. What sweet fun little animals. :hug:
We have been building fences and I let my goats out daily to graze in my pasture a couple of hours.
Fancy and Ozzy are my oldest goats and Pearl and Levi are the kids.
I look forward to reading all the information about goats!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm excited to be here. :hi:
I am a fairly new goat Mom. I got my first two October of 2019. Mine are strictly pets. I got a Doe and a Wether. My Doe is a Fainting goat and was 5 months old when I got her. Wasn't handled much but quickly became attached to me. She was impossible to fence in and a jumper. Always out and crying for me at the back door. Built a very high temporary fence around the goat yard. She is confined now and happy.
My wether I first got is a Fainting goat/ Nigerian Dwarf cross. He was 9 weeks old when I got him. He was a handful till he turned 8 months old. Was very Bucky and after My Doe nonstop.
I definitely was overwhelmed being a new goat Mom and quickly learned what works and what doesn't. They are both leash trained and awesome little pets.
This spring I bought 2 more kids. A Buckling I wethered and a doeling. The wether is a Pigmy/ND and the Doeling is a Pigmy/Alpine/Boer. I absolutely love all my goats. What sweet fun little animals. :hug:
We have been building fences and I let my goats out daily to graze in my pasture a couple of hours.
Fancy and Ozzy are my oldest goats and Pearl and Levi are the kids.
I look forward to reading all the information about goats!
Welcome!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome, fellow Canadian!!
I am glad you joined TGS! So much to read and learn, and the people are so friendly and helpful!
Isn't it an exciting world when you have goats!?!?!?
I absolutely love my goats. I used have chickens and Call Ducks. Sold all the birds and have goats. I also have horses and 5 dogs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a little late to the party, but welcome anyway! :D Those are some cute goaties!

Wow, five dogs? That sounds like a handful! I have four but two of them are outdoors only. What kind of dogs do you have?
Thanks.
I have a 10 1/2 year old Border Collie/Aussie, Wilson
6 year Maremma, Finn
5 year old Blue Merle Golden Retriver/Aussie, Bindi
4 year old Silkie Terrier, Lucy
1.5 year old chocolate Party toy Poodle, Darla.
My Big dogs are outdoors but sleep in a section off my walkout basement. The Poodle is my Sons little dog.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts