Hello from an Australian newbie - pooch tests please

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by melb1, Sep 30, 2010.

1. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi. I live about 50 minutes from the centre of Melbourne on 9 acres. We have had a polled buck and five does for about 3 months and I think at least four of the does are pregnant. I would love your opinions as well as a guess as to how far along they may be. Also, they were sold to us as Boer x. Can someone please tell me what they are crossed with! Our Buck, Chas, thinks he's a dog (he loves to be rubbed all over) and one of our dogs, Buddy, thinks he's a goat (he loves to eat the lettuce I put out for the goats)! We're all mixed up down here. One more question - I have learnt from TGS that we need to move Chas prior to the girls kidding. Will he be okay in a paddock on his own until we can (hopefully) give him a couple of bucklings for company? Hopefully the photos upload ok. Thanks for your help. I love TGS. :thumb:
    [​IMG]Gemma
    [​IMG]Paris
    [​IMG]Elle
    [​IMG]Betty
    [​IMG]Barbara
    [​IMG]Barbara
    [​IMG]Our polled buck, Chas
    [​IMG]The whole gang
    Sorry for all the pics, hope I haven't exceeded any limits
    I forgot to say that they are all FFs if that makes a difference to estimates of when you think they are due

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave:

I can tell you Barbara is pregnant and looks to be around 3 months pregnant with that udders starting.

The others look pregnant but cant say how far. They are probably between 2-3 months along.

You cant post to many pictures :thumbup:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome ...happy you are here.....we love pics .... no worries.... :thumb: :wave:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    welcome to the Goat sopt. So glad you are here.
    Love the goats and it looks like you will be having babies. YEA :leap:

Where is Australia do you live? My nephew lives is Sidney.

5. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks very much. I am soooo excited. Don't know if I can wait that long. When should I move our buck out?

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like you'll be seeing babies in 2-3 months....If you can, I would remove him at minimum a month before the does are due, bucks confuse those late pregnancy hormones as sign of heat and can really stress a doe by harassing her( chasing and trying to mount)

Welcome!! We do enjoy pictures, never can have too many!

7. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    Hi from a queenslander, :)

8. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Welcome! We love to see pictures and congrats on all the preggie does.

Gina