Hello from Belgium

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Saskia, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Saskia

Saskia Guest

Dec 16, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum en would like to introduce myself. My name is Saskia, 26 years old and live in Belgium with my husband, our rottweiler Zoe, our two budgies and our three goats.
    I'm trying my very best to write in proper english, so don't shoot me if i don't spell correct or make weird sentences :wink:
    I'm pretty new to goats in generally, we just got our three goats three months ago now. They are two females (does i think you call them), Mieke and Bieke (strange belgian names i guess to you) who are mother (4y) and daughter (3y) and Joske (7 months) witch is an ehm... "it". Joske has the apperance of a buck, has two tiny balls, but misses his penis (pardon my language). When you look at him (we call it him) from behind you see the behind of a doe, but it just is a bit different, it stulps out a bit.
    We had never heard of this before, but the man who sold it to us said nobody wanted him, because he's not "complete".
    We decided to have some goats because we have a big piece of land witch we don't use, and because we love animals, it seemed just right to put goats on it.
    The two does we got from another breeder as the one Joske came from. They are not the most beautiful goats, but we just love them. They were very shy in the beginning but now it's alot better. They come and eat out of our hands, but petting them still is difficult.
    The oldest doe was togheter with a buck for the whole month of august, so she is very likely pregnant... That's my biggest concern at the moment. Right now we have snow here, and at night it freezes.
    If i calculate she could be giving birth from about now but it can take till half januari. Although i'm nog quite shure if she's pregnant. I have taken some pictures witch i will post, and maybe someone can help and look?

Okay, done with introducing myself, still got alot of reading to do here!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome! :wave:

you did fine with your English!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Saskia.........I agree with Stacey ...you did wonderful in your english... :thumbup: .. I know you will love it here....glad you have joined .....Again Welcome... :wave: :thumb:

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome from California! It's always good to hear from another animal lover --especially goats. Your English is great --

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, Welcome :wave: from Colorado.

Hey, if you have broken English, at least you will have a excuse, me on the other had just think faster then I can type. You have a excuse I don't. :clap:

Sounds like you have a hermaphrodite. (boy girl). They can be just great pets and there is no problem as long as you did not plan on breeding.

I just want o say Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure when you post pictures of your goats (as we hope you will do because we love :love: pictures), we will all say how beautiful they are because we all just love all goats.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome! Your English is great, no problem at all.

Goats are very sweet little critters aren't they? You have done a wonderful job with getting them this close to you, it won't be long before they will be trying to knock you over for treats.

As Toth said, your "it" would be a hermaphrodite, not entirely uncommon with goats but they don't "happen" too often.

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!!

Hermaphrodites are very weird creatures. In fact I may be dealing with one myself. If you could get pics of her/him and email them to me through the site or post pics for reference that would be great!

Again, welcome! And you did do very well with your English! Glad to have you here! :D

8. Well, great to see another :clap: outlander on here. Glad you :stars: found us. Share all you know and enjoy! :leap:

Welcome, welcome welcome! :wave:

9. Saskia

Saskia Guest

Dec 16, 2009
    Thanks to all for the warm welcoming!!

@RowdyKidz : will take some pics of its behind and will give them to you!!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are very welcome.... :greengrin: :thumbup: :hi5: