The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been lurking for the last 6 months trying to educate myself on the in's and out's of raising goats before diving in. We are currently finishing up fencing on 2 of our 10 acres and after some minor barn renovations we should be good to go. We are going to start out with 3 or 4 meat goats to manage our pasture that looks more like a jungle and see how it goes from there.

Anyway it is great to be able to draw on the wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the goat keeping world! I am still very new to goats. It has a little over a year since I have my goats. They are just pets...nothing more. :)
We also fenced in 2 acres for our goats and ideally, we should fence in another 2 so we could rotate them to allow growth in the first 2 acre lot. But I don't know if we'll do that....
Anyway, we love our goats and you'll too! This is a great place for questions. Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

Catahoula,
We are just starting with 2 acres for now. I've got a lot of work ahead of me clearing trees and bush for a fence line, hopefully, I can get it ready by next summer.

nchen7,

I would have never guessed you were from Canada. Barbados must be an awesome place to live and quite a change in lifestyle.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Thanks guys.
nchen7,

I would have never guessed you were from Canada. Barbados must be an awesome place to live and quite a change in lifestyle.
it's an alright place to live, depending on who you talk to.... and yes, it's definitely a change!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts