Hello From Chaverah Farm

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kare, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Kare

Kare New Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Montana
    Howdy everyone,

I began raising goats about 3 1/2 years ago, but took a year off and started up again in 2011 with Nigerian Dwarf Goats. I have a small herd of 4 does, one just had twin doelings and plan to get a buck or buckling in the next several weeks.

Our farm is located in Montana where we presently have a foot of snow on the ground and it is coming down fast. =)

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Sincerely,

Kare
    ChaverahFarm.com

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome to TGS ... :wave: so happy to have you here...if you have any questions ...we are here... to answer them for you........... :thumb:

3. KatieT

KatieT New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Minnesota
    Welcome from another newbie!

Your goats are lovely! I also really enjoyed the videos on your website of a Nigerian being milked. I am currently milking a LaMancha, but I'm hoping to add a couple of Nigerians this summer and I wondering how I was going to milk those tiny teats with my big hands. The videos were very helpful - thank you!

4. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Welcome! It was nice to talk with you on the phone :) I hope your weekend turns out as planned!

5. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Whoa! Hope your weather warms up soon. I am in New Mexico, and we had the coldest weather here since 1972 this winter, I think I have 20 or 30 dead roses. But no snow to speak of. And all my animals survived.

Welcome, this is a great goat place.

Jan

6. Kare

Kare New Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Montana
    Thank you everyone!

Update: it looks like I will be getting two little polled bucklings (one with blue eyes) this weekend. They will be taking a road trip from Oregon on Sunday and will be my first ever bottle babies... mine have all been dam raised. I'm one very nervous mama! Any tips for me?

Kare