Hello from Colorado!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by M&LFarm, May 25, 2010.

1. M&LFarm

M&LFarm New Member

May 25, 2010
    Hi all, my name is Sarah. We have had goats for many years. We raise lamancha, lamancha cross and just added Sables to our breeds. I heard that this was a great forum from a moderator (SweetGoats) and I decided to check it out.

We just finished kidding last week and are currently milking 4 of our goats. We show, sell herd shares, make cheese, and ice cream. Have a great day everyone!

Please feel free to visit our website www.mandllamanchas.com
    Sarah

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey Sarah,

So glad to see you made it here. :wave: I promise you will like it here a Lot more the the other place :laugh:

Hey are you all by any chance coming to our Prospect show June 5th? we added dairy goats this year.

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hi And welcome to the group! I raise LaManchas to ;-). This is a pretty good forum-lots of useful information can be found to.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave: so glad you are here :D

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from PA Sarah!!
    Glad to have you join us!

I have the "smaller scale milk machines"...Nigerian Dwarf and Pygmy/Dwarf crosses...I too make cheese and ice cream from the bounty my girls give me!

6. M&LFarm

M&LFarm New Member

May 25, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. Sweetgoats I am sure I will like this place more than the other place. My daughter is running a road race with her track and cross country coach that morning of your show. We wanted to haul a few goats down along with her market lambs and make a day of it, but we already paid for the road race.

I will definately post more and will get on my regular computer so I can use some of those awesome smileys! Lol

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome....welcome...we are happy to have you here...... :thumb: :wave:

8. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Welcome from Alabama! Grab a cup of coffee and pull up a chair. :p

Gina

9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Wish ya could come to our show here in Idaho this weekend. It is a LaMancha specialty show+the other breeds. 4 ring for ADGA registered goats and 3 rings for the minis.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh I am sorry they both are going on the same weekend. Doesn't that figure?

Well good luck to her.

11. M&LFarm

M&LFarm New Member

May 25, 2010
    We have yet to adventure out of Colorado to a show. But one of these days we will.

12. M&LFarm

M&LFarm New Member

May 25, 2010
    Btw Briana, we have a lot of the same bloodlines. Our buck is out of Huricane-PM SFTC Jeronimo and South Fork TT Calee. We love the kids he produced this year, 3 of them staying bucks and being sold as bucks, one 75% lamancha doeling earned her dry leg at a goat show in April at 6 1/2 weeks old. We are keeping 1 of his daughters in our herd, she is a Moonglow/South Fork/ Huricane, plus cuter than anything.