Hello from East Central MN

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rrooster76, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rrooster76

rrooster76 New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    East Central Minnesota
    OK, 2nd try at this.. we'll see if this works..

I've been "surfing the net" looking for goat info and found this site. Looked it over for the past couple weeks... What a great site... SO much great information!!

My husband and I both showed goats in 4H when we were kids. My daughter is able to show now :leap: We are so excited!! She has went to the fair the last 3 years with one goat as a Cloverbud. Now she can bring more goats and show in different classes.. Very fun..

We currently have 3 grade Alpines (Moosey, Beauty, & Sweetheart), 1 alpine/nubian (Goose.. she has the airplane ears :laugh: ), and a boer doe (Grunt). I'm looking forward to getting some more Boer does in the spring.

We have 2 does to kid the end of Feb and one in beginning of April.. It's getting pretty exciting.. The kids can hardly wait.

Thanks for all the great information!!

2. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Welcome Welcome....it worked :leap: :leap: Glad you joined!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    walcome! glad you joined :)

4. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Welcome from Duluth MN!! Boy is it cold this morning! Hope you are staying warm!

5. rrooster76

rrooster76 New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    East Central Minnesota
    Says it is 1 degree out this morning.. Fresh coat of snow on the ground.. Beautiful, but I'm ready for warm weather.. The goaties were all snuggled down in the straw when I went to take my daughter out to the bus.. Sooo cute.. They look like fuzzy little bears :snowcheese:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Welcome ...glad to have you with us..... :cool: :thumb: :wave:

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Welcome from one Minnesotan to another!

:wave:

8. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Welcome from Aitkin County, MN! It was colder than ever-loving-sin this morning here, but all the critters seem to be doing OK.

9. rrooster76

rrooster76 New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    East Central Minnesota
    thanks for the "welcomes"...

10. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Hello from Orr! This site is so amazing & there is a lot of support here from a lot of great people!

11. eliya

eliya New Member

Welcome! I haven't been able to get on the list real often, but always enjoy connecting with other goat lovers. You are not too far from us - We're just south of Eau Claire, WI.

My website is down at the moment, but I hope to have it back up and running SOON. I do host occasional hands on classes here at the farm if you ever want to get some hands on training.

Again, welcome to the forum!

12. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from icy eastern Ohio! :wave: