Hello from Georgia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hprice3920, May 14, 2008.

1. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    :stars:
    Hello All,
    I started with Nigerian wethers last year and now I am hooked and thinking about breediing in the future. I'm kind of scared. :?
    My one girl had a boy in March, but at 4 weeks he passed away. I dont know why and today I lost my favorite spotted Nubian at 5 weeks old. :(
    I don't feel I did anything wrong, but it's very hard to see them die when you love them so much.
    Well on to the good stuff. I have mini nubians, mini nigerians, silky fainter and 2 nigoras.
    Most of mine are blue eyed too and small. As you can see I am hooked.
    I live in the country and moved here 2 years ago and still dont know anyone outside of my Vet so I am glad to find this website. :)

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA!! Hope you find us all very "talkative" and I hope that thru reading the posts here you may be able to find out what happened with your little ones...it's tough I know, but sometimes figuring out what happened helps others in a similar situation. BTW, WE ALL LOVE PICTURES OF .....WELL...GOATS!! and just about anything else too!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Idaho!!!

What part of Georgia are you in?? I used to live outside Gulfport/Biloxi MS. LOVE the south and hope one day to move back!

Ask ALL the questions you want - jump in with our fun! It is great to have you here!

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS!!! I love the blue eyes...I have 2 goats with blue eyes and I am about to buy another one. I am addicted to them! I know how hard it is when you lose goats....It is so sad to hear. Im glad you joined us here!!!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! Sorry to hear about your goats, that is always hard to lose one :hug:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome! Glad to have you with us - you have been bitten by the goat bug pretty bad. So sorry about your loss :(

7. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I live in North Georgia near the GA and SC boarder. I moved here from Atlanta where I have lived all my life unitl now. :)

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome aboard. we are happy you are here. :wave: Yep I second, the pictures. We need to have pictures, :clap:

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Hi from northern California and welcome. You might see if there is a dairy association in your area that meets. That is one way of making local contacts. Pretty much I have found that there is almost always a helpful person in those associations. Someone who would understand your addiction.
    By the way, since you are in such a different area than mine, I don't know if this might be a problem for you but I do Cocci preventative treatments with my little one. For me Cocci can be a problem and the young ones can so easily succumb to it and it can happen fast. The older goats usually not.

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome from central Oklahoma!! This is a great bunch of people and I'm sure you'll love it here!! :wave:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
  12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome to TGS, we love new members, and pics!

I lived near (not too near) Atlanta, a loooong time ago. Great weather, I moved from Iowa, in the fall, I washed my car, outside, on my BD (mid January)! I thought I was in heaven. :sun: