The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:stars:
Hello All,
I started with Nigerian wethers last year and now I am hooked and thinking about breediing in the future. I'm kind of scared. :?
My one girl had a boy in March, but at 4 weeks he passed away. I dont know why and today I lost my favorite spotted Nubian at 5 weeks old. :(
I don't feel I did anything wrong, but it's very hard to see them die when you love them so much.
Well on to the good stuff. I have mini nubians, mini nigerians, silky fainter and 2 nigoras.
Most of mine are blue eyed too and small. As you can see I am hooked.
I live in the country and moved here 2 years ago and still dont know anyone outside of my Vet so I am glad to find this website. :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Welcome from SW PA!! Hope you find us all very "talkative" and I hope that thru reading the posts here you may be able to find out what happened with your little ones...it's tough I know, but sometimes figuring out what happened helps others in a similar situation. BTW, WE ALL LOVE PICTURES OF .....WELL...GOATS!! and just about anything else too!

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Welcome to TGS!!! I love the blue eyes...I have 2 goats with blue eyes and I am about to buy another one. I am addicted to them! I know how hard it is when you lose goats....It is so sad to hear. Im glad you joined us here!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in North Georgia near the GA and SC boarder. I moved here from Atlanta where I have lived all my life unitl now. :)

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Welcome aboard. we are happy you are here. :wave: Yep I second, the pictures. We need to have pictures, :clap:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hi from northern California and welcome. You might see if there is a dairy association in your area that meets. That is one way of making local contacts. Pretty much I have found that there is almost always a helpful person in those associations. Someone who would understand your addiction.
By the way, since you are in such a different area than mine, I don't know if this might be a problem for you but I do Cocci preventative treatments with my little one. For me Cocci can be a problem and the young ones can so easily succumb to it and it can happen fast. The older goats usually not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts