The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself. :) I'm Laken, and my husband and I just bought 18 acres on new years eve last year in the little town of Lumpkin. We have really BIG dreams for this place as it has enormous potential. But we are starting off with a small farm to get our feet wet. We have 3 hens and a rooster so far but we are adding a nigerian dwarf doe, and a pygmy buck to the family today. :) they come together and were only $150 for both so I figuered its a good place to start. My husband is building them a shelter as I type this. I really look forward to one day producing my own milk, cheese, butter, cream, and soap and I hope to learn a lot here in helping our dreams come true! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome! I'm not that far from you in Toccoa. My oldest daughter goes to college there. As a matter of fact I will be there next Tuesday and Wednesday at the Lumpkin Co high school for my seniors region softball tournament.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mhoward2: its actually the town of lumpkin in stewart co. Just below Columbus, everyone thinks its lumpkin co though. :) my husband is stationed at Ft. Benning. Sonits about 30 mins from there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice to see another military family! We are about to get stationed in Ft Campbell and we are taking all the goats with us to big hunk of grazing land, much bigger than what they have now. So many people think you can't have animals in the military but I have known people with everything from chickens to horses. Welcome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yes! thankfully with my husband's job we never have to worry about moving but even if we did I would have to take my little farm with me. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts