The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, we've had goats a few years. We have a "Nuberhasli" (cute term I learned here on TGS LOL) and a pair Mini Nubians. So glad I found this site. I've been hanging out and reading and learning new stuff. Looking forward to getting to know everybody!:)

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Welcome to TGS from Eastern WA! Glad to have you here!

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Welcome, glad you are here.

How about a couple pictures of you goats? We love pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody, I'll have to get some more pictures tomorrow, I don't seem to have any pics at all of one of my girls. Thought I did. Gotta fix that! LOL
We had a breezy day today, I love to watch the goats chase leaves.
I want to bag a bunch of leaves for treats this winter. I'm just not sure the best way to store them. I know they have to be kept dry but which would be better, paper or plastic bags or does it matter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy Georgia neighbors! :D
I'm in NE Georgia too, up near Lavonia.
I just got good news! If all works out we'll be getting a Toggenburg buckling Friday. Can't wait. I've been a Togg fan for years. He's only 8 weeks old. The weird weather here this year caused his momma to go into heat out of season, she had twin boys. I'm hoping to get a doeling to go with him later in the season but also planning to breed him to my Nuberhasli next year. I think it'll be a neat cross.
She is bred to our Mini Nubian buck right now and so far has had 3 boys in her first 2 freshenings. I'm soooo hoping for a girl this time. :)

·
RussellP
534 Posts
Welcome from south east Tennessee. Glad to have another southerner on here, LOL. You will learn tons just by watching and reading the current issues. We all share and face many of the same issues with our herds. On TGS it's like having 3000 really close goat farming friends and you have the ability to tap into everyone's experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts