Hello from Holmes County, Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amy Goatress, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hi,

I live in the heart of Amish Country! We raise Mini-Nubian goats.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS!!! :wave: I took a trip to the East Coast....went to Amish country...It is really peaceful and gorgeous out there!!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello :wave: from Idaho!

Glad to have you here!

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Hello from Idaho . . .2? :leap:

5. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome.

KW: It is a gorgeous place to live, it's like being on vacation, there's a lot of stuff to do in Amsih Country!

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    oooohhhh . . . my imaginary boyfriend lives in Holmes County, Ohio . . . :greengrin:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Amy Goatress..........welcome :wave:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA!! Hope you like it here, we have tons of fun with our goaties :greengrin:

I have family in Minerva and Amanda.......How far are you from there?

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    That's not too far from us I don't think Liz.

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Oh Amy, so glad you are here. :wink: Your blog is looking great!

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Thank you Laura and thanks for stopping by my blog, I think I know you from another goat forum. :)

12. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw the title of your thread! I have been into reading an Amish book series for about a year + now. I would love some day to go and visit Pennsylvania or Ohio. In the books Holmes County is mentioned quite often. I've also heard of goats mentioned in the books to:). I wonder if Ohio has more of the New Order Amish whereas I bet Pennsylvania has mainly Old order.

13. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Holmes County, Ohio is the world's most popular place for Amish people right now though! I just finished a book about Amish people right here in Holmes County, Ohio, I love living here in Holmes County, Ohio, have only been living here for 11 years though,there are a few goat farms around but it's mainly horses, cows, pigs, and sheep though, it is hard to come by a good goat vet around here anymore they only do small animals anymore there are a few that just do horses and cows, our vet bought a practice that we used in the past to a town that I grew up in, that's 45 minutes away.

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from central PA, lots of Amish here too.

15. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I know PA has a lot of Amish but there seems to be more here in Holmes County, Ohio though since we know a couple that are ex-Amish now and he said there's alot of Amish community here in Holmes County, Ohio than anywhere else in the world though and we have a Missionary that most of his support comes from Amish and Mennonites here in Holmes County.

16. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That sounds really cool! Welcome to TGS!!!!

17. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    My mom and I also visited Amish Country! Let's see. . . . can't remember the town we were in. Warren?? Somewhere near there. . . . I can't remember it was a while ago. In 2004, my mom's sister was hit by a tree and is now quadruplegic w/ brain damage. :( It's very sad. :tears: My mom, grandparents, and aunts visited her many times and I went along one time. I can't remember where we stayed though but it was near Amish Country - we ate at one of the restaurants where they served homecooked, DELICIOUS food! Oh, it was so wonderful! :drool:

19. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    How neat Olivia, that's so sad about your Aunt though. My Mom and I picked up a buckling in Warren, Ohio though which is like 2-3 hours away from us though. There is alot of Amish restaurants around here that have yummy home cooked meals that we go to every once in awhile.

20. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is so sad Olivia! :tears: