Hello from idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nubians2, Feb 20, 2011.

1. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

My husband bought me my first two goats (nubians) for my birthday. I have learned so much since then and have enjoyed reading the comments out here. I dealt with heavy worm load when I got my doeling to having find bucks to use for breeding. I bred her in January and am anxiously waiting for June to roll around. They are so sweet, I love having them and am trying to restrain myself from buying more right now. I look forward to learning more out here.

2. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Hi! Im in Fairbanks Alaska. I grew up in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I too love learning from this site and I know how you feel when it comes to wanting more. I'm such a dreamer. My husband and I are the only ones in the house so I dont need any more goats but...oh, sometimes I want want want! Welcome and have fun on the site. If all a person does is scan the topics one a day, they are so much farther ahead.

3. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    Welcome :wave: I'm a newbie too and have the itch to want to buy more!

4. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

Bleatinghearts I moved to Idaho from Eagle River Alaska. We absolutely loved Alaska but the military had other plans for us.

Thanks to both of you for the welcome!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    happy to have you here :)

6. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    There's a great gal who lives in Wasilla on this site too! Small world! Funny...life takes us in all directions and we all have our goaties in common! :)

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Harrison Idaho! (just outside coeur d'alene). I raise mostly nigerians but do have 2 Nubian girls and a forking coming next month (hopefully). If you need anything let me know!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Bleating - I didn't know you were originally from cda! I live just past the boyscout camp on 97 before carlin bay!

9. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

kelebek-Thank you for the offer of help. I have met so many nice people that have goats and are willing to help. I have also already experienced the vet that said" I really don't like goats but yours is really nice looking". At first I chuckled, then later I thought maybe that isn't the best choice in a vet especially if I get more which may be in the works.

10. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave: