Hello from Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by irisflowerz, Jan 2, 2010.

1. irisflowerz

irisflowerz New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Hello,

I am from Iowa. I just started with goats in the last year. Fell in love with my mother's two Boer goats that are more of pets and her Angora goats, but I found that I like dairy goats better. Started out with a full-sized Oberhasli (Clara or Clare-Bear) who gave us tons of wonderful milk this summer and fall, and in September aquired two Nigerian Dwarf goats as kids, but we did lose both of them. Iowa winters are hard on people and animals. I am going to have three more Nigerians (one of which is pregnant) in the coming months. I am just in love with dairy goats. They have such great personalities. I am experimenting with cheesemaking and learning that process as well as wanting to learn soapmaking.

Looking forward to the information here. :eek:hlala:

:)
    Gina

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to The Goat Spot Gina!!

3. Kat@Redbud

[email protected] New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    SW MO
    Welcome, I think you will really enjoy this group :snowman: We/ they are quick to respond to all requests with informative, easy to understand advice.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Gina!

Sorry you lost your baby nigi's :hug: Getting more always helps and I hope you enjoy milking a nigi doe as much as you do a full size dairy goat. Takes practice but getting that sweet milk is the reward.

5. Well welcome! Glad you found us. Sorry to hear of your loss though, I have a friend that way and she has lost five this year due to the winter. They were all young or real old. She even has full barns and heat lamps and then some but it doesn't seem to always matter when the winter hits the right goat the right way.

Well, enjoy and learn and teach alike! :wave:

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Welcome from Minnesota! I love my nigerians & I hope your new bunch gives you a great new start!

8. Cash

Cash New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Hi,

I'm new here too, and from Iowa, what part of the state are you in? We are down by the Missouri border (SE Iowa)

9. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Welcome Gina! There is a ton of great info and wonderfully nice, supportive people here! Hope you enjoy the site!!

:)

10. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Hello and welcome from NE Ohio! :wave:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi and welcome to TGS! :wave: Sorry for your losses. :(
    Don't hesitate to join in and share all you want.

12. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome to both Cash and Gina! This is a fun place and great goat folks on here!

13. Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Brush Prairie Wa
    Welcome :wave: From Brush Prairie Washington
    You are in a great place here!