Hello from KY

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sauncy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    :leap: Howdy y'all LOL from KY. Its hard to believe that I haven't found this site until now. There are so many sites that pertain to goats that someone should come up with one that references all of them. It's great to learn and share information with other addicted goat folks. We raise full size ADGA Nubians and can't wait to get our first Nubian kids! We have had Boers but now only raise the Nubians in small numbers. Other than that we have 25 chickens (Austrolorps and Rhode Island Reds) 2 horses and 5 dogs (2 great Pyrenees, 2 labs and a great Dane) Needless to say we are busy around here. I look forward to chatting with everyone. Happy Kidding!!!! :hair:

http://www.singinghillsgoats.net

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hi from IN and welcome to TGS!!! You will find that people here are amazing....What part of KY are you in?

3. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks!!!We are located in Corbin near the TN line and at the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. We are only a small farm but with many activities LOL

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Well, we are quite a drive from that area (we border Northern KY) but I've been down there before. It is beautiful! I know what you mean about being a small farm with a lot of activites....it's kiddong season here to!

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Hi from AL :wave: I absolutely LOVE KY! I have relatives that live in Lexington and we usually make a trip up there atleast once a year :wink: I really hope you enjoy TGS! Whenever you get the time we would LOVE to see pics of your goats! And feel free to jump right in and start posting :wink:

6. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks, I wil send some pics or you can got to my website which by the way needs updated but there are some pics of my girls there. My does are due to kid within the next 3 weeks and I hope to post some soon!

http://www.singinghillsgoats.net

7. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
  8. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks Julie,
    Great Graphic!!! I really like all the different goats

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome!! Glad you joined!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave: Glad to have you here!

Your girl looks very happy to be in the pool! LOL!

Congrats on the upcoming births - can't wait to see the kids!!!!

Allison

11. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks for the welcome. This site is great! :thumbup: I am glad I finally found a goat site that is really helpful and fun!!! Whoever set up this site did a great job and I like knowing that there are crazy goat people like me from all over the US.
    I will keep you updated on the future kids!

12. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    You have some beautiful critters.

We live in Western KY and have LaManchas, some horses, cows, dogs and a cat :). Glad to have you here...neighbor :).

13. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks neighbor!! Glad to hear your electricity is back on! What a winter! It was 7 degrees here in Corbin this morning. I have my girls in a new warm (50-60 degrees) birthing room. Not sure if it was more for them or more for me. LOL :sun: Wishing for spring!!!

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from PA sauncy!

We have bountiful info as wel as tons of piccies here, hope you find all you need....and any ??? jump right in!!

15. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks Liz, I am enjoying everyone and all the info and advice!! THANKS TO ALL :clap:

16. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Welcome!
    That is a great picture! Your Nubian looks very content :)

17. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Welcome from Ohio! Been through KY on my way to Georgia with my Mom, my sister-in-law, and almost 4 year old niece in June '08 and my Mom, my sister, and myself are going back to Georgia soon to see my 4 day old nephew soon!

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome from CO. :wave:

I love that picture of you goats. What a happy looking goat she is. I have to say I just LOVE KY. I told my DH that some day I wanted to move there.

How are you making it wit hthe weather? Has it hit you hard? I sure have thought a lot about all you in that area.

19. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Hello!!!! And WELCOME to TGS! :stars: I live in north eastern tennessee, so you are kinda close by!!

20. sauncy

sauncy New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    KY
    Thanks for all the welcomes! We are located in Southern KY (Corbin) only 25 miles from the TN border. We had a little bad weather but nothing like they had in lexington. Our Electricity went out for about an hour but it isn't that unusual for us since we live at the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest and the trees are always taking out the elec. We have learned to be prepared with additional propane heaters and a small generator to keep the fridge going. We are even thinking about purchasing a wood cookstove to put in our warm room so will be able to heat and cook if we need to. the las few days it has been nearly 70 degrees :sun: . Maybe spring is coming!!!!!