The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ashley
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
We have a small farm in SW Michigan raising boer/ nubian crosses for meat. I started in 4H but decided what the heck! I'll keep a few :D I have a few registered Boer goats and hopefully will get a few more next year and possibly start to show. Haven't met anyone around me that shows yet so we'll see... Trying to do as much research first before I jump in :book:

ps My farm name isn't RoseBoerGoats. I just so happened to live on rose lane and haven't came up with a farm name yet :ponder: Still working on that...

·
Ashley
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a google search and there is a Rose boer goats in Indiana. Is there a way to search ABGA to see if a name is available? I'd hate to accidentally duplicate someone else's name.
Thanks!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Welcome! We were just in MI in June visiting family! Sure is a gorgeous place. :)

You can have the same herd name as another breeder, but your herd prefix/letters will need to be different. I'm sure there is another Crossroads Boer Goats out there somewhere! :) For instance if you kept the name Rose Boer Goats, and the other farm with the same name has a herd prefix of RBG, then you will need to think of different letters. Somebody had already claimed CBG for Crossroads Boer Goats, so I had to come up with a different prefix.

·
Ashley
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! We were just in MI in June visiting family! Sure is a gorgeous place. :) You can have the same herd name as another breeder, but your herd prefix/letters will need to be different. For instance if you kept the name Rose Boer Goats, and the other farm with the same name has a herd prefix of RBG, then you will need to think of different letters. Somebody had already claimed CBG for Crossroads Boer Goats, so I had to come up with a different prefix.
Okay, thank you very much!

·
sister to goatszrule
1,904 Posts
:welcome:To the goat spot!
Any question we will try to anwser

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
:welcome: Where are you in SW Michigan, I'm in SW Michigan too! PM me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts