Hello from Missouri

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Iwantgoats, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    Hello!! I'm a new member with NO goats but want some really really bad!!! I have to get fencing up and housing. I live on 13.5 acres with lots lots of wooded area. I'm just watching Craigslist and such for materials I can use. I currently have chickens, rabbits, dogs and 2 indoor kitties.

I love reading and viewing everything on this web. Learning all I possibly can.

Thank You for teaching me :)

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Hi, welcome to TGS! There are a number of goat geniuses on here! :shades: ask all the questions you want . . .

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Very big welcome ........... :wave: you are very wise to learn about goats before you get them...... good job :thumbup: you will love it here and you do not have to have goats to ask questions................come on in ,,,,,and enjoy ...... :greengrin:

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sonrise Farm...............they are from Missouri.................

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello :wave: from Idaho!

I commend you for doing your "research" prior to receiving your goaties! You will not be dissappointed with the people here!!!

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I noticed that right after I posted . . .lol . . .live and learn . . .eh :oops: . . . :angel2:

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It's OK........................Sonrise Farm ,,,,,,,,,,we have all done it ...one time or another.... :hug:

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    **smirking at a self-accompishment** fixed it. :wink:

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :thumbup: good job...................... :greengrin:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :wave: Welcome from SW PA!! Absolutely great that you are learning before you get your kids!! Goats are the sweetest and loveable critters.

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi and welcome! :wave: Yes indeed, lots of good information, fun stuff to read here, and pics-love em.

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from central PA! :wave:

13. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    Thank You all for the warm welcome!!! I cruise threw here everyday, actually multiple times a day but don't tell, lol.

liz...I have a brother in Sharpsville, PA. Anyone near him?

SDK...I wish you an easy and multiples on your babies and I hope she pops soon. I'm getting real anxious over here :greengrin:

It's a good thing I don't have any fencing or I'd have me some goats by now and DH would be a busy busy man. We have decided to wait till our new roof is on (doing it ourselves fun fun). All our stuff is here and we have started the tear off and he has taken a week of vaca. to do it so it won't be to much longer :leap: :leap: :stars: :stars: :clap: :clap:

14. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Welcome to GoatSpot.
    We are in the NorthEast Arkansas area. Not sure where you are in Missouri.
    I have several Fainters for sale if you are wanting to get into this type of goat once you get your fencing up.

15. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hi and welcome,

We raise Mini-Nubians here in Holmes County, Ohio ( the heart of Amish Country! ) and we started out with Nigerian Dwarf goats and Shetland sheep.

16. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Hi, welcome to TGS!!! We will be happy to teach you anything and everything you need and want to know. No question is a stupid question so feel free to ask away.

17. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Welcom from Ohio. I dont know if you have gotten your goats yet, but I was just like you about two months ago. Trying to get up fence and build them a place out of the wheather. It seemed like it was taking forever. But I have them now and they are so cute and fun. Post pics when you get some love to see pics.

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome for CO. Yep, good to hear you are learning BEFORE you dive in.

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hi there! I am located in the south eastern tip of Iowa just minutes from the MO and IL borders, we just moved here 2 months ago. We have several goats for sale right now, if you haven't gotten any you should check my site out lol. What breed are you looking for?

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon