Hello from Missouri!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GoatGirlMO, Aug 14, 2010.

1. GoatGirlMO

GoatGirlMO New Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Hi! :wave:

I've been lurking around for awhile now, and decided to hop on board. So... introductions.

I've been raising goats for 13 years now. I started out with dairy goats (mostly Nubian) and pygmies. I then dabbled in Angoras for some time (a couple years). Now I have slowly but surely switched to Boers. We have a herd of mostly Fullbloods (ABGA and IBGA), a few percentages (ABGA) and some commercial does and dairy does. Everything is bred to a FB Boer buck. We sell mainly to a meat market, but also sell several breeding stock goats and pets. We are picking up the show circuit again.

We also keep around a few pets-- my ancient LaMancha wether, Arthur, who I bought from the sale barn 11 years ago as a mangy death-warmed-over bottle kid. He looks better now :greengrin:; Minnie, our teensy pygmy doe... she's spayed so she can run with the big goats; and Crush, my Boer wether.

Along with the goats we also have a bit of everything else-- sheep, alpacas, equine, poultry, rabbits, a cow, and several little pocket pets, herps, and parrots. Oh, dogs and cats.

But that's basically the overview!!

2. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    WOW!! welcome!! Cant wait to see pics!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...GoatGirlMO...glad you are here.... :wave: ....sounds like... you have alot of animals...can't wait to see pics.... :D ..if you have any questions... please.... feel free to ask.... :thumb: ....