Hello from NE Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HoneyWineHollow, Jan 7, 2013.

1. HoneyWineHollow

HoneyWineHollow Junior Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Near Athens, GA
    I am a Mom of two young daughters and we have a small hobby farm called HoneyWine Hollow. We have four does (two Nigerian Dwarves and two French Alpines), two alpacas, about 20 hens, two cats, and a dog. We raise our goats as companions and as milk providers, so they are all super sweet and gentle. The human girls, Carmen (6) and Carolyn (3), love our life out here and I'm so glad that we took this road.

I'm also an artist and musician. I create jewelry from gold and silver, I apply henna body art, and I play bassoon in our local symphony and community band. My husband, Tyme, is a computer programmer who works from home, but also travels quite a bit.

Nice to meet you!

-Elizebeth Tong

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

3. JaLyn

JaLyn Senior Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Indiana
    NIce to meet you Elizabeth, my name is Christy.

4. Serenity Woods

Serenity Woods Active Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're not very far from us. We're also in NE GA. Closer to Gainesville, though.

5. KarmakeeFarm

KarmakeeFarm New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Welcome from MN! Love you avatair pic! so sweet!

6. mjgh06

mjgh06 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Middle Georgia
    Welcome and nice to have your here. I'm Melissa and from Middle Georgia. I'm sure you'll love this forum. We got a great bunch of people here who are always willing to help out.

7. HoneyWineHollow

HoneyWineHollow Junior Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Near Athens, GA
    Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!

Serenity Woods, what kinds of goats do you have? We're actually just near Danielsville, and we travel to Gainesville quite a bit to visit my Dad. :)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome, glad you are here :)

9. Serenity Woods

Serenity Woods Active Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Well, we kinda started with the "mixed bag" approach. We've got a Nubian, a mini Nubian, and a mini LaMancha (though you'd never know it-- she looks like a full-blooded Nigerian).

Maybe we can meet up some time. We're also overrun with cats and chickens. And hubby and son are work-at-home computer types :)

10. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    You sound like you're living a dream!