Hello from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nhsmallfarmer, Apr 15, 2008.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I figured it is time to properly introduce myself, Hello, my name is Michelle, I live in the Great State of New Hampshire, married to my best friend, Bubba :love: we have 3 great kids, the oldest will be taking a test to join the Marines on Wednesday :sigh: he will be 19 in May, the middle child is 16, he seems to have no interest in farm life :scratch: and the youngest of our troops is a 10 yr old girl who loves everyone and everything, some morning I have all I can do to get her out of the barn to catch the bus for school.
    We are trying to become a self sufficient farm, we will be buying some hogs in the next month, as the hop pen is still buried under snow (we got about 140 inches of it this year :hair: ) we will be raising some turkeys, an are looking into half a beef critter.
    we have 2 Nubian does, Brandy (4/04) was due yest. this is her 3rd kidding always thrown boy/girl, think she may only have 1 this year as she isn't very big, I also have her daughter Fern (4/06)some of you already met her) who kidded on Sunday (2 days early). we have 6 or hens, a goose, 4 Muscovy ducks (anyone want them????) also on the farm are 6 rabbits, 1 Californian white doe, 2 lion head does, 2 mix breeds and a lion head buck, we have 2 new litters of 4 baby bunnies too! 2 dogs, 3 cats, 1 dove and a hamster.
    we live on 5 acres with a brook in the middle, I have started a bunch of seeds this past week, so I cant wait to get my hands dirty planting the garden.
    Well thanks for listening, I believe I am gonna like it here.
    Michelle
    SawDust Farm
    New Hampshire

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Welcome! :wave:

This is a great place I am sure you will love it here. :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    WELCOME! wow you have quite the crew there and animals!!!

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! Nice you have ya here :wave:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!! I sure hope we continue to hear about your critters!! And 140 inches of snoew! WOW...Here we don't get much...just a few at a time to be a nuisance!

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  7. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Mar 30, 2008
  8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma