The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BigPoplar
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. First off my name should be BigPoplar lol, trying to figure out how to change it. My wife and I bought our first two boer goats last November. Since than our heard has grown to 19 goats, 2 Great Pyrenees, and 2 barn cats. We also have 3 other dogs and 2 more house cats. This forum has helped me many times in the last year, so I decided it was time to start posting. We started out wanting to do strictly goats for meat purposes, but soon found out that we get way to attached. Now we are getting focused on raising show quality animals. Mainly so hopefully we can sale our kids as replacement stock and not as dinner most of the time. Our current heardsire is a black buck out of Mr Dot Himself, Double J Farms Oklahoma. We purchased a Status Quo daughter (pictured) breed to One Tuff Rip a few months ago. Since than she has kidded, we plan on showing her buck kid and using him as our new heardsire if he continues to mature like we hope he will. She also had a doeling we plan on keeping. We have been to 2 shows so far, participated in 1, but are looking forward to participating in many more in 2014. Any show advice would be greatly appreciated, as we really have no clue what we are doing in that aspect, but we enjoy it and have made many good friends already.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to goat life , I see you are like myself and jumped right into this 100% I'm a transplanted southern boy now living in new England with my wife kids and goats. It starts with the first couple goats and becomes addictive. My wife and I also made many friends while showing but realized how some take it way over the top to serious. Enjoy them and they will reward you as best they can. It has to remain fun for all. We were also self starters and have referred to this group many times.

·
14,615 Posts
Welcome BigPoplar, though "PigPoplar" is pretty catchy.:D Right now I don't have time to see if I can change it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts