Hello from north eastern PA!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Udder Insanity Toggs, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Udder Insanity Toggs

Udder Insanity Toggs New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Saylorsburg, PA
    Hi everyone - I have been lurking on this board for a few days and decided to join! Everyone here seems really great, and I can tell that this is a pretty close knit 'family'. I am Kelly, and I have 4 American Toggenburgs and one Alpine X Nubian doe due to freshen any day now to our herd buck Moose :) She is 3 years old, and is a second freshener. She has made a really lovely udder this time around - high, tight and showing great attachments, and has us eagerly anticipating her kids, which will be the first and only of this year.

I also raise purebred Mini Rex rabbits under the herd name 'Midori no Daichi'. My boyfriend Jeremy also has rabbits on both Mini Rex and Flemish Giant. My 14yo. daughter Jenifer just LOVES the goats, and also has a small herd of show Mini Rex as well.

Our original two does came form the sale barn, as we wanted to make sure that we could successfully raise goats without killing the, and were afraid to spend the big bucks on purebred the first year only to have it end in a disaster due to to our inexperience. Although I really love our Toggs, my boyfriend is interested in Oberhasli and also Alpines. My daughter loves LaManchas, but I still cant get over their heads...LOL! We live relatively close to LaMancha breeder Litl' Dutch, and I might just surprise her eventually with her own LaMancha doe kid! Since they are so close, we could have access to some quality genetics that way.

Anyway, thats my intro! I am anxiously waiting for our small kidding season to begin!

Kelly :)

[​IMG]
    Udder Insanity SALM Eclipse, our 2007 miracle preemie, who has since crossed the rainbow bridge. His dam was a Saanen x Nubian doe, and sired by our Togg buck Moose

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hello back from central PA, welcome to TGS, I am fairly new here too. Everyone is so helpful and yes friendly. You may want to browse the older posts...very informative. I once said that I wouldn't know where to BUY this kind of information...and these folks GIVE it away on a daily basis. One lady put her home phone number on here so if we have trouble we can actually call her for help (check the kidding koral). Be sure to read even the sad posts...(you apparently have a story yourself, I'd like to hear it, about your little preemie guy). You can't really be ready if you don't prepare yourself for what MIGHT happen.

Anyway, I hope to hear more from NE PA!

Di

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WELCOME, to the best place on the web for the goats. YES, I have to agree with you, everyone here is like a family. I believe we all feel the pain of others when we or they lose anything, it does not have to be just a goat. Everyone is here to help with any trouble at all.

Welcome here, and oh, that baby is adorable. Keep us posted on the new additions that will be arriving soon. :wave: :wave: (I LOVE WADDLES)

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    WELCOME!!!! You will love it here! :stars:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome from just across the river.

There is a member in PA or NY (silly brain cant remember) that was looking for a Togg buck. I will have to see if I can't get you two in touch.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome tot he Goat Spot!!

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS!!! I love everyone here like they are my family!!! :grouphug:

8. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Welcome from Southern PA. Yep everyone here is really great. If you have a problem or need a friend you will find it here. I have heard of your rabbittry. I also raise pedigreed mini rex( as well as lionheads, holland lops and dutch). Goats are great, can't not smile around them. So welcome and as DI said when you have time read the old posts. You will be amazed at what you learn. Cathy

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from Mid-Western PA!! Hope you find that we are always eager to hear from others with their issues and always try to help when we can....your lil' guy was so cute, when you feel that you can, please post his story....I do know how it hurts to lose them but when theres new life around the corner, it does mend the heart.