Hello from NW Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by grandmajo, Oct 23, 2008.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Hi there everyone. I'm Jonell aka grandmajo from Pioneer which is in NW Ohio. I have 2 kinders (Maybell & Max), one nubian (Liah), and a mutt goat, Matilda who is probably a Togg/Alpine cross. My goal is to start my own registered kinder herd.

I've been reading the last week or so, and it is a great forum, lots of good info, and everything is very well laid out. Great Job!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Idaho :wave: Glad to have you here!!

Please feel free to jump on in and start chatting away!

Oh, and we must see pics of the goaties - it is a prereq! LOL - (Just kidding - but we really do like pics!)

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Howdy! Welcome to The Goat Spot!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Welcome welcome. :wave: from Colorado. Glad you are here. How long have you had goats? Yep we sure do love pictures as I am sure you have already seen.

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I'll do my best to get pictures up as soon as I can, I know what you mean, I love looking at the pictures too. We had nubian goats when I was a kid, lol, some 30+ years ago. Then I had goats back around the mid 1990's, a saanen doe and toggy doe and a toggy buck. Unfortunately, my work hours back then didn't allow me to spend the time with them that I wanted, so they went to a new home with a really great owner. I got back into goats in March of this year.

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Welcome to goat spot From Harmony PA and from Pancakes also

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hello,

I'm in Holmes County, Ohio. We raise Mini-Nubians.

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from Alabama :wave: Can't wait to see pics of your goaties :leap:

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from central PA!

10. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    Jonell, I'm just north of you in Hillsdale County, MI. Howdy, neighbor! :wave:

11. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Pam B, howdy back there neighbor! We're located just 2.5 miles south of the MI line. It's funny when you join these boards, how you find out that you have people who live close by who have the same interests. I got a notice that you PM'd me, but I haven't had enough posts yet to be able to read them. :sigh:

Thanks everybody, for the great welcome. I'm having a blast visiting websites for those that have them and reading the discussions!

Jonell

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome grandmajo....from SW PA...Glad you are here! Hope you enjoy all we "goat nuts" have to offer....and yep, we REALLY like piccies! :wink:

13. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    I wondered why you didn't read it! I just deleted it and posted my howdy here instead.

We can see the lights of Pioneer from my house at night. I'm actually just 5 miles north of the state line.

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Welcome neighbor!! We live in Wauseon. Good to see someone from the area!!

15. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Welcome Im also from Ohio but pretty far south. Im just an hour from the Kentucky border. But its neat to have other people from ohio. :)