Hello from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MysticHollowGoats, Oct 3, 2008.

1. :wave: I have been viewing this forum for a couple weeks now and thought I should say hiya :)
    My family and I currenty have 8 registered Nigerian Dwarfs and 1 purebred but not registered doe.
    All 3 of my mature does are in milk and are milked daily. We try to make the most of our homestead
    and produce as much as we can here. I'm looking forward to joining in here :)

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    hello! Welcome TGS :wave:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome.........so glad you made your appearance.......................... :wave: :wave:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome!!! :wave: Glad you've joined us!! I'll have to take a look at your website...you're not to far from me...well I guess kinda, but not compared to most on here!!

5. Thanks for the welcome :greengrin:
    And definately take a look at my website and let me know what you think. Its always a work in progress!!

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hello and welcome,

We bought 2 Mini-Nubians from Oregon, a buck and doe!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey there! Welcome from SW PA!! So glad you decided to join us....and even more Nigi's to ogle and :drool: over because you are sooooo far away!

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hi Neighbor, I live in Idaho:). Welcome to the group! Amy G, I have a friend who raises Mini Nubians in Oregon:). She also raises Mini Oberhaslis and Mini LaManchas along with standard sized Nubians and LaManchas.

9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome to TGS! Your website is :thumb: and like the pic of the old tractor!

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hey!!! I know you! :D Well, kinda sorta. . . . ;) Welcome to TGS, you'll love it here!

I can't wait to get my girls milking. . . . .but they just got bred so it'll be a while yet. :sigh:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Northern Idaho :wave: I will definately be checking out your site - you are not toooo terribly far from me!

12. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hey! Welcome to The Goat Spot!

I checked out your site, it looks great!

13. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hey Briana,

I think we bought the goats from the farm that you mentioned in Oregon, is it Echo Hill's Farm.

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yep! That's the farm. I bought my first Mini Oberhasli from them. They are pretty nice people and have some lovely animals as well.

15. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Yes, they do Briana! We bought a buck and doe ( our 1st 3rd generation Mini-Nubians that can be registered as purebreds or American Mini-Nubians! ), they flew all the way from Oregon to Ohio in a dog crate.

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from central PA! Wow, we are getting popular aren't we!

17. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I dont know how i missed this thread....Welcome to TGS....

18. Thanks again everyone :)

Hi Olivia :wave: we should get together sometime since we live so close. Will you be going to the NWODGA conference this year?

On that mini farm do they raise mini saanens? I wouldn't mind having one of those.

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, we should! :D I need to look at when it is. . . . still haven't become a member, keep forgetting! :roll: I want to show next year, probably at one of their shows.

20. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Welcom from Ohio. Glad you found TGS!