Hello from Portland, Oregon!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Frugal Que, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Frugal Que

Frugal Que New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I have been browsing the forums for about a week now and really like this place.

We are getting our first two goats this weekend and I am sooooooo excited! :leap:

We are getting two does, one pygmy and one nigerian. The pygmy can't be bred because of complications on her last pregnancy but that is ok because we want them for milk and other dairy products and one goat will provide enough for us. The pgymiy will be just be the companion to the nigerian milker. Their names are Tilly & Milly.

I have been getting everything ready for them. Their home is set up and we almost have the fencing done. Can't wait!

We are urban farmers and we raise rabbits, quail, chickens, guinea pigs and now goats.

Looking forward to reading more posts and getting to know all of you.

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WELCOME!!

I raise Nigerians in Northern Cali!

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Welcome from Everett, WA... I also have City Goats.. 2 nigies. You will have SO MUCH FUN!!!

4. dtincoelemari

dtincoelemari New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Arizona
    Hello Frugal Que, nice to meet you :wave: I was born in Hillsboro and lived around your area quite a bit. I now live in Arizona and wow do I miss the trees and green of everything!!
    I think you will really like it on here! Everyone is alot of help when it comes to anything goat and they are all very nice!!
    Good luck with your new goats!! :thumb:

5. Well howdy!! I am about 70mi east of you in the gorge! White Salmon! I also raise Nigerian dwarfs! You are going to have soooooo much fun with them!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from PA :wave:

I have both...nigies and nigi/pygmy crosses....very sweet tempered little goats! Ask anything you want, we are always ready with answers!

7. Frugal Que

Frugal Que New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have been reading so much on this forum that my head hurts. :)

All good information. I am so excited to be here. The date to receive my girls has been moved to Wednesday instead of this weekend so that we can finish the fencing. I really wanted them this weekend but it is better to be totally prepared for them. In the meantime, I already found a vet that has knowledge of goat care.

Now back to the newbie section ...

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Welcome....glad you are here.... if you have any questions....please feel free to ask.. in a new post.... :wink: :wave: