hello from Slovakia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by detnol, Feb 21, 2011.

1. detnol

detnol New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    hi all,
    let me introduce myself and my goats;
    i was born in Holland, studied agriculture, worked 10 years in Africa (development aid) and moved 2 1/2 years ago to Slovakia where my husband and I had bought a smallholding (without ever having seen it :roll: ) with 24.5 acres of land. We try to make a living from our rural camp site, growing Christmas trees and soon by producing sheep's milk as well.
    We keep some local Slovakian goats, very hardy but low producing with goats a bit smaller than a Saanen. We hope to upgrade them by crossing them with Anglo Nubian crossbred bucks. It is difficult to get good stock in Slovakia.
    The goats entertain our camp site guests (and us) and are milked which we turn into cheese.
    Some of our story can be found here: http://farm-in-slovakia.blogspot.com/

[​IMG]
    This is one of the new kids, she will definitively stay.

2. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Hello & welcome! I bet you have a lot of neat stories to tell about the different places you have lived!! I will have to check out your blog!
    Your little doe is darling :)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...we are happy to have you here....what a cute goat..... :love: :wave: :thumb:

4. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It will be great to hear about life there, it sounds like you have had a really adventurous life. How neat. The doeling is really cute.

Jan

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Welcome from Washington State!!! What a cute little doe!

6. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Welcome from Minnesota!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome, What a adorable baby you have there.

When we lived in Germany we went to Slovakia.

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome to TGS. :wave: This is a great place to visit and "talk goat", or just visit in general. Can't wait to hear more about you and your goaties.