The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an a new goat owner, and looking into getting into breeding La Manchas for milk and pets. I luv my munchys* As i call them. Im very new to this, and I may need some advice every now and then!!!! Just thought Id drop in and introduce myself to all you veteran breeders. :D
Proud owner of two Straight Egyptian Arabians, two Boston Terriers, (Terrorists) a sealed brindle Boxer, a Dalmatian, three LOVELY La Manchas, three geese, 8 chickens, an eighty pound and impossibly spoiled ROTTEN pot Belly Piggy, one white kitty and a very grouchy African Grey parrot. :cowboy: I have quite an unusual farm. What can I say, I'm addicted to animals :love: . :D

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TY!!!!:)
I am hopefully expecting christmas kids. my first kidding. Shes being so ugly. she tried to bit me this evening!!!!! other than the many stresses of that possible situation, the weather down here is very irritating!!!!! one week its freezing and bone chillingly cold, then the next week it's seventy five degrees!!!!!! ugh. hows weather where yall are at? hopefully snowy? if so, I am exremely jealous.

· Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
welcome from crentral Texas : )

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well heres a few, I thought yall would appreciate some pictures here. :D

Attachments

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my handsome buck, Chocolate Chip, the doe next to him is Fudge, and the fat and pregnant one thats the last one down Is Oreo.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here are my girls. The fleabit grey (freckles) is 15 going on 16, the bay, emirah is 11 going on 12

Attachments

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Emirah is a very hard keeper =( this was taken when we got her. They're both rescues. I want a younger horse but I can't let these girls go to another horrible owner

· Registered
6,548 Posts
Beautiful! I love arabs. They are not super old...you should have several years with them. For the hard keeper...what are you feeding and have done? Teeth need floated? Add an oil into the feed. I use a weight gainer supplement from feed store and i add black oil sunflower seed to the grain mix. My old guy (20+...we're not sure exactly how old) is a super hard keeper and does ok with those added in. Here's a pic of my arabian

Horse Working animal Saddle Bit Horse tack

This was his first time with a saddle. I need to get some better pics

Attachments

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He is gorgeous. I wanted a black, by I had to settle for my clean it mare. Love her non the less though!! She's got an attitude from down south also. Lol

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Teeth at floated need to take them in March and have them done again...I'm feeding 14% feed with beet pulp and a little wheat bran (they love it) and some veggie oil. (1/2 cup) I also put a handful of molasses also. A lot of Suva I know but I only do it in the winter. Summer, I have NO problem keeping weight on route of them. They both los in the winter. I've wanted arabs zinc I was 9yrs old and my mom never thought I was responsible enough for a house so I waited and bid my time til I got married. Then he let me get one. =) I wouldn't trade her for the world. I've had her for three years an I luv her. I want to breed her but I don't want to just toss $500 into the air. Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.