Hello from Southern NJ !!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by apachedowns, Mar 14, 2010.

1. apachedowns

apachedowns New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Hi everyone...just joined the forum. I am a friend of Stacey's in the goat world and have a herd of my own consisting of about 20 nigerians of which I show, breed, milk, participate in 4H as a goat leader for an awesome group of kids, and love what I do !!! Our farm name is Apache Downs. I share my love of goats with my daughter who is 10 and we travel the shows together and share all the experiences of goat ownership..its a great way for us to stay close and have something really great in common. She is a great kid and awesome in the show ring ! Gotta love that.

I am excited to be on board and looking forward to getting to know everyone. I have experience with goats for about 10 years and have had my herd for about 5 years. I am looking forward to learning a thing or two on here as well as offering my help when I can. Look forward to talking to you guys :wave:

Attached Files:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Welcome to TGS! :wave:

I'm Ashley, transported Claire, Dude, ect to you last year. :) How are they doing? Good to see you on the forum! :D

3. apachedowns

apachedowns New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Hi Ashley !!! Nice to hear from you. The girls and my beautiful Buck you transported to me are doing great. Gotta lot of kids due from him this year and really looking forward to seeing what this boy can do for me here genetic wise...I don't think I will be dissapointed as he has grown to be stunning and very diary looking...he is just a sweetie too. Hope all is well with you and your herd...look forward to seeing you at the shows this year !

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :D glad to have you here. Cant wait to see all your beautiful goats at the shows. :leap:

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Hello from Massachusetts! Maybe we will be able to meet up at the show ring sometime this year! :)

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Good to hear! Now you know you got to post some pictures for us!! ;) I'd love to see what Dude looks like now.

I'm sure we will meet up again at a show sooner or later. :)

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi and welcome to TGS! :wave: Fun pic and wonderful goat colors! :)

8. apachedowns

apachedowns New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome ...I have heard of some of these farms and its so awesome to get to know everyone and see what kind of goats and genetics everyone has going on...I just love that stuff !!! I am also bringing on board 2 show quality Lamancha's this spring...they were just born and have to get over there and pick them out of the bunch...was suppose to this weekend but the skies have opened up and flooded my house, the barn, and my pastures look like swimming pools ! So needless to say this weekend isn't good. But these will be my first standard size goats and I am very excited :leap:

I will be happy to post some pics but I have to really get updated ones...been trying to but this weather is just so darn brutal !!! I will be getting some nice shots this weekend to update my site and some will be of the girls that are due to kid in 2 week (they are huge !!!) YAH...I sooooo can't wait. So I will share with you guys then....

Well gotta run...

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :wave: Welcome from Colorado, so glad you decided to join us.

Can't wait to see you goats.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome... :wave: what an adorable picture.... those goats love her.... :greengrin: :love:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from Western PA! Glad to have you :wave:

That pic is priceless!! Sunshine surounded by a goatie rainbow :love:

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Nice to see you over here also!!!! :wave: :wave: And yes, pictures are a must!! :leap: :leap:

13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  14. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave: