The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

We're north of Sacramento in Penryn, CA. I just joined the group a few days ago and last night we brought home our first two Saanen milk does! Such sweet loving goats they are... and their milk... sweetest ever! I think I'm in love!

This morning we made our very first batch of goat milk ice cream.... yes... for breakfast! LOL! I can tell I'm not going to run out of milk any time soon. These ladies are very generous with their milk, and we've already got a batch of vinegar cheese setting now... we'll see how it goes!

Just wanted to say hello officially and I will look forward to reading and learning as much as I can.... really loving what I have found here so far.

Best and brightest from Sunny California!

Briana - aka Foothill CountryGirl

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Welcome from PA :wave:
Glad to have you and very glad you are enjoying the forum!

Goats milk icecream is AWESOME....I like simple and easy so I use the ice cream mixes from Walmart. The chocolate is soooo good!
With the abundance your new girls are giving, you will need to try making yogurt....much better than store bought!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
Your girls sound wonderful. I can't wait to try making ice cream for breakfast lol!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hi, and Welcome to the group!, i'm from Idaho. My folks raise Saanens and I raise LaManchas. We've tried making the yogurt-but didn't have much success with it. But we have made soft cheese and some cheddar. We used to make a lot of soap with the milk as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Mmmmmm I'll have to try yogurt soon, and one of those ice cream mixes. And if I can make a cheddar... I'll be one happy girl!

We just made plain vanilla quick "iced-cream" where you put the milk, a little sugar and dash of vanilla in a ziplock baggie sealed with as little air as possible, then put that baggie inside another bigger one to which you add ice and salt, seal it up and then shake it for 10 minutes. Fastest way to yummy ice cream that I know! :laugh:

Oh... and this morning... the cheese came out great! I'm so excited to keep learning and making more wonderful dairy creations.

Have a beautiful day!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
welcome :wave: from Colorado. My son is in Vacaville at Travis Air Force Base.

well you will just love them like crazy. Pretty soon I am sure we will be seeing where you have more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts