Hello from Texas!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GoatJoy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    Hey ya'll! Glad to have found this website! This is my first year to own goats so i'm sure i will have plenty of questions! My name is Laura Boaz and i have a wonderful husband, 5 children, 6 dairy goats,5 dogs and several rogue chickens lol. I must admit the goat lover's bug bit me and it seems i just cant get enough info about them! Cant wait to talk goats with you! :laugh: cute smileys btw!

2. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi from Alabama! Welcome. What kind of diary goats do you have?

Gina

3. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    I have an interesting mix lol. I have a grade lamancha buck, a purebred Nubian buck, an Alpine wether, an Alpine doe, an oberhasli cross doe and a nubian cross doe. they are all pure-ly loved lol! My oberhasli is already a good milker. It was her first freshening this last spring and she was milking up to four quarts a day! i was pretty proud of that seeing that my Alpine was only milking a few cups...it was her first freshening as well.
    Laura

4. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    hi im from texas too san antiono where r u from if u dont mine me asking i raise boar goats in my farm i have 14 2horses 3 pigs ad 2 cows and lots of chickens as well im a mother as well of 5 and love to be a farm wife yes the club is awsome i have not been here long but everyday i learn so much that i just keep comeing back for more everyone is so nice and helpful that they can help u in just about any thing im a sure u will enjoy just as well so welcome to the goat spot and hope we become friends if u any help just give a little note and i will try to help u as well if i dont know ur answer i will look for it so good luck and welcome again...

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS!!! Glad you've joined us! And we all love pics!...feel free to share. :D

6. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    Hi Carmen, I'm from Dawson. Its about an hour from Dallas towards Waco.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

7. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Hi from Texas, lol. I am in Giddings which is between Austin and Houston. Nice to have you here.

8. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx
    Cool! nice to meet you K-Ro :)

9. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Hi! I'm new to the Goat Spot, too! I hope you will be having as much fun with your goats as I am!

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome both of you. :wave: :wave: from CO. Now we love to see your goats, so please feel free to post pictures.

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :wave: Welcome, welcome.....I am a born Texan (DFW) but moved to Indiana 7yrs ago...some of our children still live down there.... Grapevine, Killeen and Houston.......so a part of our hearts still belongs to Texas :)

12. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the group! :wave:

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from PA! :wave: