Hello from Texas!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MommaOfMinis, Mar 23, 2019.

1. MommaOfMinis

MommaOfMinis New Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Dublin, Texas
    Hello all,

A very sweet lady whom I am purchasing my Dwarf Nigerian goats from was kind enough to share this site with me! She said any/all information I might need could be found here ~ so I look forward to learning!

For starters, I was raised on a dairy so animals have been my life for 50+ (I mean 29, lol) years. We currently raise cattle, lambs, silkies, cochins, bob white quail, and as of tomorrow we'll be adding mini donkeys and nigies! We are so excited to welcome them to the farm! We've prepped and prepared as Cathy (breeder) has suggested and believe we are all set for our new additions.

We have had all types of goats in the years past - - - our two daughters were in 4H and FFA through graduation so we are fairly well versed in goat lingo to an extent regarding the full size......but not minis, so I'm here to learn. :)

I look forward to getting to know each of you better and soaking up your years of experience like a sponge. Boy, something like this would have been nice 30+ years ago when we first got started! ;)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

2. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

Hi!!! Welcome!!!

3. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Haha, yes, something like this would have prevented much suffering among my dear goats when I was beginning with them. Things being as they are, I just say Welcome! to you, too!

What a heap of animals you already have! :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome, glad you are here. :)

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Not very many years of knowledge here( almost two), all of it from these great people on the forum.

7. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    But if we combine all our years of experience? How many years will that be? The cooperation makes us strong - and it is nice at the same time! :)

toth boer goats and Dwarf Dad like this.
  8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Hi y'all!
    Welcome fellow Texan! You're going to love having ND's they're amazing.