Hello from the Trans-Tweener region of Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sealawyer, Jun 1, 2009.

1. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Hello to everyone. My name is Fred VanderMartin and my wife Gwen and I run a commercial operation 2 miles east of beautiful downtown Dew, Texas. We have raised Boer and Boer X goats for close to 8 years and raise our goats for the market wether, breeding stock, and meat markets. We are members of the ABGA, IBGA,AMGA, East Texas Goat Raisers Assn., and the one most dear to our hearts, the Freestone County Goat Breeders Association. Gwen is the Treasurer of the FCGBA and I am the advertising and events coordinator volunteer guy. I also do the Ad work for the ETGRA. I write the Goat Gossip column which appears in several local, area, and national publications. under the auspices of the FCGBA. The goat gossip is a general information column in which I share my experiences with my stock and the crazy life a goat rancher can lead, and I try to promote the caprine industry in every way possible. Our web adress is www.rvbboers.com, stop in for a visit. Bye, for now, Fred V.
  2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    welcome to The Goat Spot from North Idaho :wave: :wave: we had a couple Boers - but couldn't get hubby to butcher for me - so sold all but 1 and a doeling.

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio! :wave:
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL to funny..... :wink: :ROFL:

A big welcome to you ... :wave: ...checked out your site love it ......nice boers you have there..... :wink: :greengrin:

I have boers as well..... :wink: :thumbup:
  5. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hi and welcome from a fellow Texan!

I am located 2 miles from lovely downtown Joshua. :eek:)

I also raise boers and have a mixture of registered and nonregisterd.

Percentages and fullbloods.

This is a great forum and it sounds like you will be adding to it with your knowledge and background.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome to the Goat Spot . You have some beautiful goats there. I just love the pictures of the Does in the air. Those are great.

Welcome from CO.:wave:
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :wave: Welcome from SW PA!

I don't see many boers up here...a few but they are mainly shown in the local fairs.

Really nice site you have, and some very nice goaties.
  8. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome form illinois!!! :wave: You have nice goaties!!
  9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Welcome, glad to have you aboard! :wave: