hello from transylvania!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gerald77, Feb 14, 2008.

1. gerald77

gerald77 Guest

Feb 13, 2008
    my name is kristin, i live in northeast oklahoma, i don't have my goats yet but at the end of march i should, pending no crazy happenings at my house. i am getting two nigerian dwarfs, one bred doe and one wether. the end of march can't come soon enough. if the weather holds i can go visit them this weekend!!! i feel like i'm waiting for an adoption to go through. if i can behave there is a certain goat named priscilla i might get too. well i'm learning plenty, sometimes more than i would like, especially when it comes to feeding. i've been lucky to have a couple very nice people that are answering all my crazy questions. well thanks for having me.

kristin

2. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Welcome!

Welcome, Freak!

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Kristin!! Nice to have another Okie! Where are you at in OK?

4. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    haha I trust you guys know each other.

Welcome Kristen!

5. gerald77

gerald77 Guest

Feb 13, 2008
    according to the post office i'm in wyandotte. i went there once and i'm not very close. i'm closer to seneca missouri.

freak? i always enjoy your warm thoughtful welcomes dona!!!

kristin

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Kristin, :wave: :wave: Glad you found us, and I would assume that you heard about us from that crazy Aeginaea.

It is great to hear how excited you are about getting you babies, ys it is like you are waiting for a adoption to go thou.
    Hope the weather holds so you can go see them.
    How far along is the pregnant doe? It is very important that she is not real far along. Also if you can try to get some of the hay and grain (if they are eating some), from the person you are buying them from, that way you can slowly switch them over to your feed that you get.

Again Congratulation and WELCOME ADOARD

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That's so good you have some experienced help to start- goats are just great fun. But jumping in with a kidding is scary. Will she have had her kids by then?
    Welcome to a good friendly goat place.

8. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    I'm mean

No - I'm that rude to everyone! Just kidding. Kristin thinks she's going to get my Priscilla (I tried to change my avatar to put Prisc's latest pic on it, but for some reason the page won't completely load and there's no "submit" button??). Anyways, I'm holding Priscilla hostage in exchange for some chocolate caramels.

9. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Oh yeah...

And I agree with Lori - tried to tell you that waiting until the doe is about to kid is NOT a good time to move her. Most times I'm an idiot, but every once in a while I get it right. And Lori is also correct about the hay/feed. Any good breeder will send along some of what they are currently feeding so you can gradually switch feeds. Goat rumens do NOT like sudden dietary changes!

10. gerald77

gerald77 Guest

Feb 13, 2008
    don't worry kids, i'm getting my goats from meshale. she's one smart cookie and just 45 min. away from me. plus i get customer support. i have given her a break the last couple days from me. don't want to wear her out. i'm totally ready for kidding. between watching videos, reading, studying postions and how to turn and such. i work well under pressure. and yes i know it's different when you're there in the moment but i don't panic. my specialty lies in stuck, breech kittens and human births but i'm not concerned. ginger girl won't be having her kids for four months or so after i get her so she is safe to travel. hmmmm maybe she'll drive back for me.

kristin

11. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Ah!

Yeah, I forgot she's not that far from you. And four months??? Okay, no biggy. I thought you had told me she wanted you to pick her up right when she was ready to kid!! DUH! Okay - I'll shut up now. Besides, I know you - no matter how you do it, it will be an adventure!!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Kristin, that sounds like you will have lots of help. It is also great that she will be newly bred for you to take her.
    So are you a nurse? I would assume you are if you have helped in human births. Well, I delivered three of my nephews, and I am not a nurse. For some reason the Dr. thought I was and let me do it. It was amazing.

It is great to hear the sense of humor out there, I will say it sound like you will fit right in here. :shades:

13. gerald77

gerald77 Guest

Feb 13, 2008
    no not a nurse, my sis was a midwife, i've attended a birth of hers and studied up on it cause ya just never know and it is really interesting. babies get in really weird positions and so do kittens only there is no room to work with on them.

silly dona, i just wasn't clear when i said "move her". she meant seperate her from the wether not come pick her up when a hoof is sticking out. so duh to me for typing like i think, scatterbrained.

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot! :)

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome Kristin - glad you joined us over here. you are going to enjoy all the fun we have talking GOATS!!!

Jabber away and give us lots of pictures when they arrive

16. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS Kristin!

17. gerald77

gerald77 Guest

Feb 13, 2008
    thanks for the warm welcome!!

kristin