Hello from WA!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Charlene_F, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Charlene_F

Charlene_F New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    WA
    Hello everyone!

My name is Charlene and I am from the great state of Washington! I personally do not own any goats myself, yet ;). However, for the past two years I have shown FFA, 4-H, and ADGA open shows. I live near some farms which own dairy goats, and they have been gracious enough to let me work with and show there animals. I love all goats of coarse, though I am drawn to the dairy breeds the Nubian's in particular. However, I mostly have been working/showing Toggenburg's and Nigerian Dwarf's, with Nubian's dabbled in here and there. This coming year I hope to work more exclusively with the Nubian breed. Because of everything I learned and experienced within the goat world, I hope to keep it apart of my life forever. I have absolutely fallen in love with it all. I hope to one day own a small quality Nubian heard, and to even become an ADGA judge.

Besides goats I am very involved in FFA, I am serving as the 2009-2010 chapter president and WA District III Historian. I also have a horse, a 6 yr old Shire gelding named Honor.

I'm exited to be part of this forum and I look forward to it all.

Thought I'd share some fun photos! :D

[​IMG]

In a local Holiday parade.
    [​IMG]

Gilly with one of her kids earlier in the year.
    [​IMG]

Disarono and I at ADGA Nationals.
    [​IMG]

Honor and I.
    [​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS, neighbor!! :wave: Where abouts in WA are you?? Glad to see another Washinton person on here!!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome aboard. :wave: So glad you are here with us.

Wow sounds like you are a very active and busy person. I love the photo's.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    beautiful photos -- welcome :) :wave:

Lots of WA people here :greengrin:

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: VERY pretty photos!!! I am sure you will LOVE TGS!!! :wink:

6. Charlene_F

Charlene_F New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    WA
    Thank you everyone! :D

I live in Rainier, very small town. Western side of the state, South of Olympia.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey Charlene, welcome from PA!!

Wonderful piccies, thank you for sharing them..... glad to see another young person that loves animals, especially goats!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho!!! I live just outside of Spokane WA!!!

I raise registered Nigerian Dwarf and Registered Nubians!!! I love them both so much!

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome! :clap:

What beautiful pictures!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome....welcome....Charlene....I am ..from northern california :wave: so happy you are here......if you have any questions... please feel free to ask.....we are here for you .....Learning and working with goats... before you get them... is very smart... :thumb: ......by the time ...you do ...get them ...you will know all about them.... :wink: :thumbup: I love your pictures and the animals ....very nice.... thank you so much for sharing with us......and we love to see more.... :greengrin:

11. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Howdy neighbor :wave: Very cute pics :love:

12. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hello Charlene, pleased to meet cha! Lovely photos!

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome to TGS! :wave: What beautiful goaties you have! :)

14. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    WELCOME!!! :wave:

15. Charlene_F

Charlene_F New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    WA
    Thanks again everyone! :D

16. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :wave: Welcome! Great pics! My daughter and her husband live very close to you, Yelm! Her best friend lives in your town :) !

17. Charlene_F

Charlene_F New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    WA
    ^Oh wow. How neat! hehe.

18. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Small world ...huh? My daughter was a Sheriff's deputy for Pierce County, but no longer since being pregnant with first baby :greengrin: ! She now works on base for the cheif of staff at Madigan Hospital.....her hubby is in the Army, serving in Iraq now. I love your area of the country, very pretty!

19. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hey, welcome to the goat spot, you folks from Washington need to travel to Idaho in May to the ISDGA show-i'd love to meet you and see all of your goats. I dont think i've acctually met anyone in person on this forum. This is a great place to learn about new things and meet fellow goat people.

20. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Welcome to the group! Im also in washington. though im up on Whidbey Island....But i sold a few goats to a lady in Rainier a couplf of years ago. What nationals are the pictures from?
    beth