Hello from Washington State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Krista, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Krista

Krista New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Hi everyone,my name is Krista and I live in Snohomish, WA. I have a small farm named Hens and Friends. I raise chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs on occasion, and of course, my favorites, my Nigerians. I currently have 3 does and 1 wether, with 2 of my does due to kid April 5th.

I am so thrilled to be a member of this site. I have come to this forum for well over a year now and don't know why I didn't register sooner. I have had many questions answered by this site and it is a huge wealth of information. Thank you Stacey!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome Krista :wave: glad you decided to officially join us :D

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Welcome Krista.....so glad you joined.....don't know what I would do without this site! My daughter lives in your neck of the woods....Yelm, Wa. Her hubby is stationed out there at Fort Lewis.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hi Krista from North Idaho!!!

5. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

:wave: Hello from me & my nigerians in Minnesota :)

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hello "neighbor!" I'm in NW Oregon and have Nigerians too. Glad you joined us!

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  8. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :stars: Welcome from Kent Wa. Yup, don't know why you didn't join sooner :wink:

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Well well, Welcome Krista! We are up the hill from Walther's Garage.

Laughing Stock Boer Goats

10. Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Brush Prairie Wa
    Welcome! from Brush Prairie Washington :wave:

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Hi Krista!! Welcome to TGS!! You're not all that far from me...i'm just out of Yakima. ;)

12. Krista

Krista New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. I am looking forward to my 2 Nigerian does kidding the beginning of April. Wondering why one is so, so large this year? She had a single buckling last year as a first kid, so this should be very interesting. She has been pooched way out for over 3 weeks and has a good 6 weeks to go.
    So nice to have so many familiar goat people around. Hey, those of you that are close, who do you use for vet care if needed? Also, do you care to share info for goat emergencies?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Krista

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Welcome from Indiana!! :) I hope your kiddings go smoothly for you.

14. jberter

jberter New Member

Hi from Ohio,, :wave: I also hung around and checked out this forum for a good while before joining, so glad I did join, best thing I ever did, great info and nice goat people. :) Hope to see pictures soon of your goatie girls & kids when they have them...... hint,, hint..

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Krista.....from California... :welcome: glad to have you with us.... :greengrin:

16. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hi Krista, the last I heard there are no resident goat vets at Pilchuck. But I do have info if you would like to pm me.
    There is one vet who is starting her own practice & she is awesome if you can get a hold of her. She currently does not do emergency calls
    There is also a Dr Engman @ Chuckanut Vet in Mt Vernon who I hear is very good.