Hello From WI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rebelshope, Sep 21, 2008.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008

I am in Wisconsin. I have a mini farm with ducks, chickens, horses, and of course, goats.

Well currently it is only one goat. Cheynne is a pgymy. Shortly, sometime this week, I will have two Nigerian does added to my herd. Two bred Nigerian does! So late Jan and early Feb I will be asking lots and lots to questions to get those little goaties born.

I will be using the milk for soap and may try to make some yogurt and cheese.
  2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    Welcome to TGS!!! We love pics so please fell free to share. Congrats on your new additions! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. We have a lot of very knowledgeable people on here. :thumb:

3. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Welcome!! Congratulations on your does!! It is very exciting when they get ready to kid! I'm sure you'll love it! We'll be here to help :wink:
  4. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats New Member

Hi, I'm new, too! Goats are so much fun -- especially when they kid. Nothing to it!
  5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hi and welcome to TGS! As everyone has said we like pictures and are willing to answer any ?'s you may have.
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hi.............rebelshope....welcome :wave: to the goat spot..if you have any questions ..we are here to try and help..........
  7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Idaho! :wave:

You can ask as many questions as you like as long as you post pics of the new ones when they are born :)
  8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, this is becoming a real happening place. So glad to see all the new member and happier then ever to have you all here. :wave:

Welcome. and like i have said, we love pictures. Please share you precious babies. (all kinds).
  9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Howdy, and welcome from Oklahoma!! Glad to have you with us!
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi and welcome from SW PA!!! Congrats on your newest additions and I agree with everyone....you absolutely need to post piccies :wink:
  11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wow what a warm welcome. :)

Her is my current doe. Cheyenne was owned by a family in town that knew nothing about goats. They fed her cereal, twinkies and the like. Then the neighbors granddaughter brought her to their dairy farm. Like all good goaties she started getting into trouble. She would butt the cows as they were being milked. So I bought her from them.
    For about a year she just wandered around our property like a big outside dog. Then she took to going back to the farm and butting the cows agian. She had to be contained. I felt bad that she was all alone then. Before that she would spend time with the horses and the chickens. So I found these two does. :pray: I hope I can get them on Wednesday. I have been waiting about a month and a half for them.
  12. eliya

eliya New Member

Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite! It's good to have you here! Your doe looks like she is quite a sweetie. I bet she'll be happy for some caprine friends!
    Again, welcome to The Goat Spot!
  13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    your doe is very cute! I love pygmies....i wish I could get more
  14. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Welcome from Iowa! Your goat is a cutie maybe with two new freinds she can start playing like a goat and stop getting into trouble! HA HA HA!
  15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Cheyenne is a pretty girl....and like most spoiled "kids" she looks like she's full of mischief!!
  16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Welcome to TGS! Patiently waiting-NOT :wink: , for pics of the bred does you are getting. It'll be fun to follow along during their pregnancy.
  17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome, welcome! Great to have some new "faces" here at TGS!
  18. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Thank you again for the warm welcome. I really look forward to "meeting" you all. I have some new photos on the mini board of my new nigerians. :leap: