Hello from WV

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lawanda, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    HI!

Thanks for adding me to this forum!!

I am Lawanda Kress. I live in WV with my dh and 4 daughters and we just recently got some goats! We have already had a tragedy, as one of our two 4-month-olds died of Tetanus the week after we got her. :( But we purchased an adult goat so that our other 4-month old would have a companion, and so far so good! :)

Our goats are Bella (4-month-old Boer/milker mix), and Hope (adult mix). We are planning on breeding Hope in August so that my 9 year old dd can take a goat project for 4H :)

I have been reading some in here, and thought this was a nice forum! :)

I cannot get my avatar to work right so here is a pic of me and my baby with our little Bella:

[​IMG]

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome, it's wonderful to have you join TGS. :wave: We look forward to seeing pics and hearing about your goats. So sorry about your loss.

3. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Hi there - from another WV'ian. Where are you located?? Congrats on the goats, and on finding the site...it's great, and the people are too!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave:

feel free to ask questions, post pictures etc.

As to your avatar - best to use photobucket.com to host it and then use the URL to link it here. If you dont have a photobucket account it is free and simple but in the mean time i can add the picture if you need help with it. Just send me the picture via email stacey.roop@gmail.com

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome!!! :wave: You'll love it here!!!

6. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Thank you all!

Stacy, the pic in my post is on photobucket, if you can get it to upload to my avatar, I would appreciate it! :greengrin:

if you need it here is the url:

Code:
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/mama4joy/100_3412.jpg

7. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Oh yes, I forgot to answer you 4hmama! I am in Parkersburg, how 'bout yourself?!

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Howdy :wave: . Welcome in. Sry about your loss :hug: you did vaccinate after the loss for the others right?

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome and so glad you joined us :wave: . I have to say I love you name Lawanda. OK your DH is in the house with 5 girls? :hair: He will be going this before to long. Bless his heart.

I want to say WAY TO GO on getting your Bella a friend. So many people do not think of that and you did the right thing. I am so sorry that you had to experience the loss of a goat so soon. It is very hard.

OK as you know if you have been her long at all, WE LOVE pictures, so you have to share your goats with us.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Lawanda...... :wave: ...so happy you are here.......we are here for you ...and your goaties......just ask
    I am sorry ...you had a loss to tetnus.....
    Are your goats vaccinated with CD& T tetnus toxoid? This will help prevent them ...from getting tetnus.....If you are unsure....give it to them anyway......then the booster of it ....21 to 28 days later.....

Also get some loose salt and minerals for cattle or one that is made for goats..they need all that and the copper in it......... looks like fine sand.....put it out free choice along with baking soda..... :wink: :greengrin:

Again welcome............ :leap:

11. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Thank you all!! I love how helpful everyone is here :)

My goats were all vaccinated, and had their boosters, but she (her name was Lydia, and we still miss her) somehow still got Tetanus :( We did not re-vaccinate the others as the lady I got the goats from said it was not contagious, and not to worry about it since they were all up to date.

I knew Bella would need a friend, every time one went out of the other's sight, they would cry til they saw each other again. It was so sweet. :)

And thank you sweetgoats! My dh has a nice big shop/garage that he spends a LOT of time in ;) hehehe

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho!!!! :wave:

What a cute picture of you, your daughter, and your goatie!!!

Feel free to ump in on the conversations!!

13. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome to TGS from illinois!!! :wave: :leap:

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA :wave:

So sorry you experienced a loss so soon :hug: You are truly blessed , beautiful girl you have there....lil' goatie too!

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome! :wave: Adorable pic! :greengrin:

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from Alabama! :wave:

Your goats are really cute!! I hope you enjoy TGS! :leap: