The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I suppose I should start getting busy with introductions and such. Hubby and I are from Wyoming, near Cheyenne. We have 10 goats. 9 of our goats are Boer Goats. The 10th goat is a Saanen/Boer mix. We also have 6 hens and 1 rooster. Then we have 6 geese and 1 gander.

We are looking selling one of my babies but I don't even know where to start. We bought our 4 females last year. Two of the females were pregnant at the time of purchase. I have been on this site before but never signed up. This place has been a great help in all aspects of raising our goats to this point. March 27, our girl, Buttercup, had her babies. This was her second pregnancy and we expected twins. When we went to put them away that night, she had her twins. Having done plenty of research, I knew signs of labor and guessed that she was preparing to have one more. She seemed to understand and looked at me as if to tell me I was right and then layed down and grunted and our baby boy, Boogey was born. She gave us 2 bucks (P'nut & Boogey) and 1 doe (Penelope). Just a couple days later, on Easter, Bluebell gave us twins, 1 doe (Abby) and 1 buck (Bailey). We had concerns about Bailey. He seemed different than the others and was always nudging the walls and looked as though he was blind. However, he was perfectly fine as time went on.

Now, we are needing to sell our P'nut. Having 2 males that are in competition with each other is causing us concern. So I am hoping to find a good place to ask my questions about selling my boy. I love all my babies but I agreed that we would sell at least 1 male. Bailey has some pretty coloring and I want to keep him since we can breed him to 4 of the 5 females. Boogey was my bottle baby so he is staying as a pet. That leaves P'nut. This will make me sad but I know we can't keep them all. Hope to get to know some of you!! And I appreciate you all already!! Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts
welcome from Central Texas!..yes finding new homes for our babies is hard...but when you find the right one you will just "know" and feel good about the new placement

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all!!!

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Welcome how about some pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome how about some pictures?
I added some photos to my profile of a few of my goats... The ones I could get without being climbed! LOL They love me like a mom and always try and get up and see what I have! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts