The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boer male buck and he is 3 years old. Just last night his nipples grew and are now very swollen. I was reading that male milkers can grow milking teats. His teats are so big it puts his man sacks at almost a 45 degree angle. The picture shown in the article is great and really helped. Never in my wildest thoughts did I ever expect to milk a boy goat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Did you check and he for sure has milk? I thought that only happened to males from extremely heavy milking lines. Since Boer goats are meat goats, I wouldn't think that would happen.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Welcome to TGS, glad to have you here!

A few years ago, when I was picking up my first dairy goat, my doeling's sire was a precocious milker as well. Such a strange (and upsetting, LOL) thing to see as a newbie!

I've heard that some Boers are heavier milkers than others (and I've seen some with pretty impressive udders) so I wouldn't doubt that a Boer buck could get a precocious udder... Do you have a picture? :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HE grew these almost overnight. He is a 3 year old buck. Today i tried to milk him but he has horns and I was alone and kind of scared to touch them. He is not in pain. I got a little bit of clear liquid out of one teat. But like I said i was scared and didn't spend much time trying.
Welcome to TGS, glad to have you here!

A few years ago, when I was picking up my first dairy goat, my doeling's sire was a precocious milker as well. Such a strange (and upsetting, LOL) thing to see as a newbie!

I've heard that some Boers are heavier milkers than others (and I've seen some with pretty impressive udders) so I wouldn't doubt that a Boer buck could get a precocious udder... Do you have a picture? :p
IMG_20180512_104130.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all good advice and I am going to try this today. There is one video with a male milker on youtube. I am still confused about this entire deal. He acts normal. The teats are quite hard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for asking he is doing great. No fever, they haven't gotten bigger and his temperament is normal. We did squeeze them and we did get non bloody fluid. So I believe he is just a male milker. Thank you for asking. He is hard to milk with those large horns. Do you think its necessary to milk him or will he just dry up?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts