hello, new and wondering if my goat is pregnant?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by loveallgoats, Feb 3, 2009.

1. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    I am new to this forum. I was referred by a friend. I would like to know if anyone thinks my doe is breed? She is an alpine/pygmy cross about 4 years old and if she is preggo she is due at the end of this month. the buck was a nubian. here are a few pics of her back end. Its hard to get them by myself so they were taken right after she pottied LOL! if you need others i will try and get some help to take more. Her name is Gem and I have raised her since she was 3months old. she is huge and has gotten bigger in the last few months. hoping she is not just fat or she needs a serious diet. thank you for the help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like her!! She is a very pretty girl! Though I see more pygmy in her than Alpine...lol

Going by the pooch, she doesn't appear to be preggy, at least not 4 months along.......is she developing an udder at all?

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I have no idea on the pregnancy possibility but I wanted to Welcome you to TGS!

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    :wave: welcome to tgs!

5. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    thank you for the welcome. not sure about the udder. i will check and try and get pics. she does have liquid when you squeez her teats though. man, she will definitly be going on a diet if she is not preggo LOL!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she does look fat -- but there is a chance of pregnancy if she is starting an udder. I can see her teats but with all that hair (as is normal for this time of year) it is hard to tell how much of an udder is forming or not forming.

If she is starting an udder I wouldn't squeeze her teats anymore so that no bacteria gets into her udder at this time and she can fill up in preperation for kids.

welcome to TGS

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Welcome to TGS and I agree with Stacey about not squeezing her teats anymore until after kidding if she is pregnant.

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Going by the pooch test I'd say no she's not bred. Atleast not that far along. She looks fat, like a pygmy. Lol :)