The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to find this site. Brought Darwin home in mid October, weaned from his mama in Mississippi. He's like a dog- having a great time getting to know him and hoping to get some advice as he starts to enter his teenage phase and bucking!! Ouch. Trying not to get too angry because he's so damn adorable but today was trying.
Vertebrate Dog Wood Door Carnivore

He's such a sweet "kid" and working on taking him out on walks now that I know he's not afraid of other people. Look forward to sharing!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
6,190 Posts
Hi there! Is Darwin an only child? Goats do like the company of other goats and it can teach them how to behave better when they have a buddy to do goat things (like butting) with. They also can get seriously lonely when there's no one around.

He looks super pretty is he a Nigerian?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there! Is Darwin an only child? Goats do like the company of other goats and it can teach them how to behave better when they have a buddy to do goat things (like butting) with. They also can get seriously lonely when there's no one around.

He looks super pretty is he a Nigerian?
Yes, I had planned on a lady friend to keep him company but it's just been me with whom he's doing goat things like butting me in the ankles! Trying to redirect him but he wants all my attention.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Nice photo! I guess the one feeding hay is Darwin?

I think he looks at you as some kind of mother, that is he understands you as a goat that walks on her hind legs. He will appreciate company, but according to my experience it does not matter much to a goat which species the friend belongs to. Not so with sheep.

Good luck as a goat ma! Your teenager time will hopefully be easy on you! :) We look forward to your coming reports and photos! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.