Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Firegoat, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Firegoat

Firegoat New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Hi everyone, My name is Trevor and I don't have any goats yet but I am considering it. I was just about to sign up for goat web when it shut down :?
    Someone on another forum said this would be the new hangout if the other site didnt get back online. So I hope this gets to be as informative as the old one was.

Hope to get some good answers for some noob questions real soon.
    Trevor

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey welcome firegoat! Glad to have you with us and when goatweb.com does come back online I will post an alert on here.

so what kind of goats are you interested in? Dairy or meat? will they be strickly pets or do you have any plans for showing or other aspects of raising goats?

feel free to ask questions.

3. Firegoat

Firegoat New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Covington, GA
    I am interested in Nigerian dwarfs for pets and dairy purposes. Maybe even to make a few bucks from breeding them, but that is the least of my worries for now. I have heard that goat milk is easier on the stomach then cow milk, and since I have recently started getting an upset stomach from cow milk I figured maybe if goats milk would not bother me then I should get a fresh supply of it. :D

Being a little more self reliant is another plus, just because I can go to the store and buy a gallon of milk doesn't mean I have to. ( I also have a few laying hens for this reason)

Anyways, thanks for the welcome Stacey!

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to The Goat Spot. Sounds like you have some wonderful plans. Maybe with our help you can achieve your goals. Goats are very fun and entertaining. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are all here to help each other.

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    The Minis are ALOT of fun!! I think you will be happy with your decision! Welcome to the crew!!!

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love the minis!!!! They are awesome! Welcome!