Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by morganslil1, Nov 12, 2007.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Hello I'm so happy Ive found this forum. I'm new to goats Ive got a nubian doe and buck and a saanen doe. The reason I have them is for family milkers.The reason I bought my own buck is so I can keep a closed and healthy herd.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome morganlil1

Glad to have you aboard. I am sure you will learn a lot while being here.

Post pictures of your little herd when you can because we love pictures :D

3. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Stacey thank you so much for the warm welcome.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Welcome! I love the Nubians, I've never had a Saanen so can't say anything about that one. Yes please post some pics as soon as you can, we love to see everyone's babies! :wink:

5. Wendyann

Wendyann New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hi and welcome. I to have nubians and a sannas/nubian cross milking doe. Love to see pictures of your goats.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome aboard. :wave: :wave: As I am sure you have already seen here, we are all goat lovers and we love to try to help each other out.
    Just remember that non of us are vets, we all just to help as much as possible, and nothing that we tell anyone is set in stone. Here we all will tell you to see ia vet if you have any questions that we can not help you with.
    Do you have a vet that you can go to in a emergency? I know that vets are very hard to find that will deal with goats.
    Ok, Now Where are the pictures?

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    The goat in your avatar has the most beautiful ears! Welcome to the GS :D You sound like a great goat owner already.

8. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Thanks y'all. Sweet goats I am lucky to have a vet that will work with me unfortunately I have his only goat clients and Ive already had him pull his books and do research because I ask questions that he didn't have answers for but all in all he is a good guy just not a lot of goat experience.

Thanks pace thats a pic of my buck when I first got him.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Do you have any idea how lucky you are to have a VET that will even CONSIDER opening a book for goats? That is wonderful

OH, I was also going to say what beautiful ears he had. I have to say I look at that picture and it think what a adorable goat he is.