Hello!!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Manchas4Me, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Manchas4Me

Manchas4Me New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    :wave: Hi everybody!! My name's Doreen, and I'm a goataholic from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, located between the Chesapeake Bay & the Atlantic.

We have a small herd of eight goats - 6 PB LaManchas, and 2 elf-eared, LaMancha-type Recorded Grades. Got the first two in 2003, as my daughter, a 4H member, had gotten involved in the Dairy Goat Judging project. That soon led to showing, and she had been leasing goats to show, but it soon became clear that it would be better to have her own. Her dad was a hard sell, but eventually we got our first doe & wether, and it has now grown to 5 does & 3 wethers!!! DD & I love them dearly, and spoil, hug, & kiss them often, which makes DH ill!! - he grew up with dairy cows, so sees the goats only as "farm animals." However, DD & I know better!!!

Glad to hear that you guys love pictures, because I have plenty!! I do have a couple of questions, though - how many attachments (pics) can you have in one post here?? Do I need to do the original post w/one pic, then a reply w/a pic for each separate photo??

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome neighbor!

As to the attachments/photos. I dont think there is a limit but I havent tried more the like 5-7 per post. I dont care how many you do. Just try to keep them small. If they are bigger then 430X430 pix then it will show up as a download -- so that works too but is an added step for people if they want to view your pictures.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Doreen :wave: Glad to have you here. Yep we love pictures.

You know, something I heard not long ago. The world consumes more GOATS MILK then cows milk. Tell DH, that. I know it was really hard for me to believe. I personally like cows milk better but then again the only real goats milk I had tasted like the weeds in the pastures smell. I do know it all depends on how the goats are taken care of along with the milk.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome Manchas4Me :wave: glad to see ya here and yes we love seeing pics...... :)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    welcome form Idaho :wave:

Congrats on getting hubby to allow you to have goaties - he will come around! LOL!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA Doreen!! I currently have 9 mini's and hubby gets a bit upset too when I spend more time in the barn than in my own home! Actually I think he's just jealous that my kids get all the sweet talk and kisses.....though he does love the milk.

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome Doreen! My hubby is much the same as your hubby! He used to show a goat in FFA like 11 years ago and then he met me and now we have goats again! Long story....Glad to have you aboard!

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Doreen!! Glad you joined! :)

9. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Welcome :wave:

Yes most of the world does drink more goats milk than cows milk and their is nothing wrong with respecting the animals that are giving us food. It is very admirable to acknowledge that they are not merely milk machines.
    I can't wait to see pic of your lil' ones.