The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dot know what happens to my 5 month old she is lath argue and not looking to good fell over when I walked her into the light to look her over and her eyes look like this! I am so scared for her she haven't eaten all day never came across this!!!

Attachments

·
1,062 Posts
Sadly that doesn't look good. And the falling over isn't good either. Anything else you can telll us? Temp, is she vaccinated, wormed? Was she raised by mom or bottle. Did she get in to anything? If possible I would call vet asap

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm not an expert but you need to get vitals for us...temp, heart rate, breathing.

Is the goat rigid? Was it "stargazing" I'm suspecting things like goat polio...tetanus ... but not enough information yet... like could the goat have gotten some bad feed or poisonous plants. Etc...

Things that wont hurt... give thiamine if you have it, fortified b complex shot if not. You can give tetanus antitoxin and C/D/ antitoxin (not the same as CD/T vaccine). These won't hurt and will help some pretty serious ills.

·
2,203 Posts
This can also occur with severe head trauma. Getting stuck in a fence, kicked by a large animal, falling off a large distance and landing improperly, etc.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sets standing now and peed in a little puddle the sides of a golf ball and do it again 2 minors later Siam size she has normal breathing and heart rate As for temp I don't know I don't have a thermometer she is just looking off into nothing I call her name and she crooks her head to me but stairs off again I can't call the vet the only one for livestock is closed I just put her in a new pasture so eating something is a possibility I have her up on my pouch so I can keep an eye on her her ears are down she has all her shots the only 2 meds I have right now are tylan 50 vitb complex and penicillin and a cdt shot that's it! Checked her over for scratches and bruises dissent dissent find anything! I am completely stumped! An feel terrible!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is Sam raised and still on milk that's how I relished something was wrong because mommas got a full udder an is crying to her baby who wouldn't come out of the barn till I carried her

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Oh, poor baby! Prayers for her. :pray:

·
2,203 Posts
Found a thermometer temp is 106
Wow...get that temp down. You can do that by taking a towel and putting it in the freezer for half hour. Wrap around her. Try external cooling. Internal is harsh. Or ringer's solution under the skin. For now I would do vitamin b complex, and penicillin doesn't hurt anything. Start her on that in case of an infection. Gotta do something to get that temp down. You may have to drench her to get her to drink.

·
Registered
31,474 Posts
Pen G is needed NOW....1 cc per 20#...if you have real aspirin give her one adut or two childrens...crush and add enough water to drench...a cool towel is a good idea..you need to get her temp down...cool onher head and under the arm pit area....

·
Registered
31,474 Posts
get fluids in her, even if you have to tube her...here is electros you canmake at home that they love..

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Put ice in plastic bags.. Need her temp down NOW

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I got her temp back to normal she looks much better and is not alert but she still disintegrated look good I am calling the vet first thing in the am and getting her looked at!

·
2,203 Posts
Have you fed her yet?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She has hay water and momma I keep encouraging her to eat and so does momma but she'll suck for 10seccionds and stop the peeing thing is still going on tho?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts