help! 12 hours to decide on new buckling.

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by farmergal, Aug 17, 2010.

1. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I will post the back story to this as soon as I get to work... just wanted to get these pics posted before I left home. These two boys are out of Lost Valley Serabi by Pegasus, but I am not 100% sure I can afford them, or make a decision with the limited amount of time I have... she only gave me 1 day to decide.

Attached Files:

2. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    If the pedigree is what I think it is - those are nice genetics and has a lot of ARMCH and MCH's. It is hard to tell since they are just babies - from what I see I like the gold one better as it shows a little bit nicer topline - BUT they are babies and the angles the pictures where taken on are not the same and they can change. The dam milks - that is always good. For the price I think you are going to be paying - will you be using him heavy in your herd? THe quality he could bring would pay off in the long run. A buck kid is a gamble though - may pay off big or not. If your goals for your herd is show quality and milking - I think he could bring that.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the only thing i see negative right off is they both toe out - but this could be because of the milking stand they are being stacked on.

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

The gold one looks nicer.....

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow...impressive pedigree. If you can afford one then i'd definately go for it. I think the gold one would be my choice, but both look pretty nice. I agree with Stacey though looks like they may toe out a bit. I think that's something I could live with though looking at their pedigree and their overall conformation. Very nice boys.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    toeing out seems to be an issue in the lines I am seeing - I would need to see front shots to know for sure. But the udders and the body structure I like

Both boys look nice -its hard to say which one will be the better looking buck and throw the nicer kids