Help. 3 Born Lasst nihgt

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by heartofwisdom, Aug 27, 2010.

1. heartofwisdom

heartofwisdom New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    shelbyville tn
    We woke up to three goat this morning. What are the odds 2 goats gave birth the same night? I thought Cameo (3 year old) had all 3 but she is butting one and it is following Jill (young goat about 1 year) around that maybe is the real mom??? I can't tell. I keep waiting for someone to nurse. I don't know which separate. Help?

The Billy has gotten in with the young goats more than once so it is possible the yearlings are PG.

Do I just wait or seperate ? I'm worried about colostrum.

Thanks,
    Robin

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Check Jill's back end...if she gave birth there should be some evidence of it....goop, crusty tail hair, etc. She should also have a full udder if she gave birth.

It could be that all three are Cameos and she is just rejecting one of them

3. heartofwisdom

heartofwisdom New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    shelbyville tn
    Jill's utters are big for her but not near as big as Cameos. Off to check here rear. Thanks

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree ...the rear will be messy....and if the other doe.... did not kid... she will be clean looking....no blood..... If that is the case...then it is Cameo's baby... she must of had trips..... the kid may of been born to where... she didn't lick and bond with the kid.... or she may know something is wrong with it.... if you still have her after birth....rub it all over the kid...I know... it it gross and messy ...then put the kid in front of her....so she will lick the kid.... that is part of bonding...if you get the licking... that is a good sign....also pen them up in a bonding pen.... this is important ...and leave her in there... with them ......until she bonds and feeds them all....

Get the kid some colostrum... even if ....you have to tie up the Dam and also one leg... and teach the kid to nurse..... Good luck and congrats on the new additions..... :thumb:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Just wanted to say I agree with the others.

I hope everything turns out ok, for the baby. Keep us posted.

Post some pictures of the babies when you can.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how are things going? did you determine who the mom was?

7. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Like everyone said - check rear ends. Have you figured out who the mom is yet?

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California