The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My precious Polly had what appeared to be an abscess on her jaw... it was around the size of a golf ball. It did not appear to effect her eating, but she did not want me messing with it. I separated her and kept an eye on it. Yesterday morning it appeared to be about half the size and seemed to be receding with no apparent drainage. Then this evening I come home from work and it has busted... I have attached the picture. It appears that she has mucous coming out of it as well. I poured peroxide on it and she was not a fan but I got it rinsed out some. It still does not appear to bother her. I called my vet when I noticed the abscess come up last Monday, but she couldn’t get here until the following Monday. It is now Friday before her arrival, and I get a call that my vet it very ill and in the hospital and we don’t know when she will be out. Prayers for her and my Polly. I am scared to death that this is CL... any ideas??

Attachments

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I agree, that looks too deep and not in a typical lymph are....Make sure you have it protected from flies and other things that could bring on an infection from being open like that. Blue kote it at the minimum.get your girl to the vet any vet at this point. When you said mucus was it thick like toothpaste? Or thin and watery? Yes, continue to keep her separate and wash very well between goats. Take care of her last so there's no cross contamination. Also so you can change clothes and shoes before spreading the puss to the healthy goats pens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts