The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 month old nubian male, very skinny, white eye lids, been going on for three days. first day fecal, showed up thread worms...( Strongyloides papillosus) came home gave, 1cc ivermec IM, 5cc red cell, same for day 2 w/o ivermec. Today day 3, vit B complex 3cc IM, Iron 1cc IM, Thiamine 2cc IM at 10AM, sallium (sp?) .5cc at 10am, 5cc red cell, Tonight another 2cc thiamine, 3cc red cell, drank 2 cups of eletrolyte water, ate 1/2 cup grain, another 1cc IM ivermec....he is showing signs of bottle jaw, curling head around to side, cant get up without help...stands ok but shakiness , peeing ok, pooing ok...right now laying flat on side and was trying to "run" while on side.....anything else I can do?!?!?!?!?! TIA

·
I'm watching you
22,564 Posts
I'm so sorry. Thread worm is a tough one that hasn't been that common for quite a while, until recently. I think our weird weather is bringing them back this year. You really did do all that you could. Once the brain, liver, and kidneys are involved there isn't anything that can be done to stop the disease that they cause. I hope that things look up for you soon...

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
Im sorry for your loss...as Goathiker said..you did everything you could...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts