The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 6 Nigerian does. I have had 3 does and a whether since last June. I was planning on breeding this fall for the first time. When I got my new 6 girls I noticed that they are all a little bit bigger than my crew. So of course I came here to do some research. I saw on a thread that the average weight for a whether and doe is 75 to 85 pounds and that you should not breed until a doe is 8 months and 45 pounds. Well in my original crew 2 were 2 years old in April and the other 2 were 1 in May. So I weighed my 2 and a half year olds and they are 48 and 51 pounds. My whether and doe that are both a year and a half are 32 and 37 pounds. The other 6 does I just purchased are all around the 55 to 65 pound mark. Are we just way the below the average or should I be concerned. Are they full grown at a year and a half. Should I not breed my 32 pound girl even thoigh she is over proper breeding age? None of my babies are skinny at all very healthy just more petite looking:)

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they have never been treated for Coccidia but they have never seemed the least bit unhealthy. I feed them hay and sweet feed about a bale of hay a week for the 4 and 2 cups of sweet feed each per day. I bought them all at the same time from the same breeder the older 2 were bought at just over a year and the younger 2 were 2 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.