HELP!!!! ASAP!!!! (baby is good, no more emergancy)

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Coraxfeather, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I know I might seem like a pain in the butt asking for help but our new kid Natasha has what is called Floppy Kid Syndrome. I am doing what I was told but is there anythign else I can do?? Here is my number please help!! 724-841-9622

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: HELP!!!! ASAP!!!!

I am sorry, I don't have any experience for this at all. I wish that there was something that I could do

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

Thank you all that called. WE have a friend of ours on the way that has handle this before. Aslo have given her pepto and backing soda and water like a few places on the internet have siad to do. She many not been around to long but she means a lot to me. At least I know her plumming is still working. I have had the change my shirt already twice from the peeing! Thank you guys again and I will let you knwo how she is doing. She is still alreat and baaing at me. She jsut stood up on her own and seems to already doing a little better.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I am glad to hear that. I had to laugh when I was talking to you and you said she just peed in you. That is a wonderful thing at times isn't it?

I am glad that she is doing better. Keep up hat Pepto and baking soda.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

O My....Lori, thank you for that call! I hope the little one recovers, and I am sorry, I don't have any experience with FKS :hug: Hope all is well.

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

You know what is funnier. After I changed my shirt I was holding her again given her back soda and water and guess what. She peed on me again! I am starten to get use too have that nice warm feeling running down my shirt. You know I am going to run out of t-shirts soon. Cause I am at my boss's house and not home. I only have so many shirts! But she is asleep in my arms and start to become the demanding Natasha once more. I hope she pulls though this.

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I have heard of FKS but have no experience with it.

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

I've had two cases of what I suspected was FKS and they both died. Sorry I cant really be of any help. Sounds like you are doing a great job :thumb:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Glad the goat is doing better.... :hug: :pray:

But now ...how do you fix the leak...LOL :greengrin: :scratch:

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

I was crying this mornign while holding her. She is still week but holding her own. I am still a bit scared I am going to loose her. She look up at me as still alert as ever, like she was saying to me Mommy I am going to be fine. Stop crying. She licked a couple of my tears away.

Her brother Boris is cliney too since his sister has been sick. He has to be sitting in my lap or right up next to her when I have her in my arms. He is running hoppen and playing where she barly takes a couple of steps and is very tired after doing this.

That leek is horrible in some ways but I m getting use to it. She got me twice last night.

11. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

You probably know this better than anyone - but I seriously believe that giving them love helps them pull through illnesses. When I have sick lambs or kids on the bottle, I spend most of my time just cuddling them, I have them on my lap, kissing and cuddling them. It gives them something to live for, and I truly believe it makes a difference. Helps them pull through, just that encouragement.

Keep us posted, I am praying for you and her

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
    your such a good momma............I am praying for the little one... :pray:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Have you taken her temp today? Have you given the pepto and baking soda? OK, I for got how old is she?

14. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Hope she pulls through!!!! :hug:

15. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

She was born last thursday. She is still week but eatting and alert. Sometimes you have to help her up but she thanks you. She was checked out and we are doing what we can for her. It is going to be a long road but with the spirit she has I think she is going to pull though.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

that sounds good.... :hug: :pray:

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

But she is still peeing on me!!!! Already changed my shirt from her today!!

18. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas

LOL - thats affection right there with all the peeing. I am so glad that she is doing better, I wish I was able to help when I talked to you yesterday but I have no experience with FKS.

19. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA

She crashed last night but it starten to get better again. Last night she refused the bottle and I feed her with a dropper. Early this mornign after a long sleepless night she drank from her bottle. I have been doing a lot of praying latly. Was spose to go back home today but until she is over this hump I am staying here at work. I would be to worried about her if I left. Please pray for this little one I am too attached to her now.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh that is so scarey..... :hug: I am so glad she bounced back again.. and I will pray for the little one.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
    Is there any way... that you could take the baby to your home.... where you can be comfortable and care for her there?